Tales from the Crypt pt.1

Spoon

"Investigations continue as string of disappearances increases, rumors around the Guild points to a Resser' threat, however so far representatives of the Guild have made no official comment. One thing linking the disappearances is the coating of the rooms where the victims slept in blood, more as the story develops"

Lady Justice sighed, slumping back in her chair.

The Judge stopped his reading of the days paper. He put it down as he sat adjacent to the Lady, a bit taken aback at her apparent weariness.

"Is everything all right my Lady?"

"No my Judge it is not," sighing again she raised her head level with the Judges "we have been getting reports of more and more Ressurectionist scum popping up in every conceivable place in and out of the city, and to top it all off now we have a serial killer on the loose. The worst part is it can't be a Ressurectionist, we have the bodies in custody, however we can't give the bodies a decent burial without whomever or whatever killed them without the papers having a field day."

"I understand Justice, however we are doing the best we can." the Judge stated, "We have some of the brightest people we have working on the problem and we are making progress, we may know who was doing the killing soon, there have been many leads in McMou-"

"Do not mention that cretin!" Justice practically shouted, interrupting the Judge mid-sentence "he has been nothing but a thorn in my side for some time now and I do not want him mentioned in my presence!" As she finished the intercom in her desk crackled to life. Pressing the button to answer she calmed herself down, "what is it?" she asked her receptionist. The intercom crackled again before it responded with her receptionists voice. "Dr. Mcmourning humbly requests your presence in the Morgue. He believes he has some answers for you."

Justice slammed her hand against the button so hard she broke it, "speak of the Devil." she seethed. She stomped out of her office and down toward the morgue with the Judge in tow.

She composed herself as she entered the morgue, making sure to put on a stoic face in front of the Doctor. Dr. Mcmourning was bent over a table, his head almost inside the chest cavity of the unlucky soul on his table. A man of rather average proportions he stood out because of his bright red hair and the smile which never left his face. A smile that seemed to big for his face somehow. He stood and moved to the other side of the table as Justice and the Judge approached, bowing slightly and somehow smiling more saying "Welcome welcome, please make yourselves at home." He pointed to a rather large freezer "refreshment?"

"No" said the Lady and Judge in unison. "What have you found Douglas, and please no prattling. I've neither the time nor the patience"

"Very well Lady, I see you are in no mood for my shenanigans" Mcmourning winked at the Judge who looked confused "I have found something quite interesting with these bodies. Take this one for example." he and the judge leaned in close "I know you cant see my lady, have a taste?" her body tensed and he giggled, "my apologies, anyway notice anything strange about this body?" he asked the Judge.

The judge thought for a moment and said "aside from all the organs being gone not really, where have you put them?"

"I have done nothing with them" stated Mcmourning, "they werent here to begin with. Also, look at the inner walls of the chest cavity, there are scratch marks." Getting excited he smiled "and look here underneath the fingernails! All of them have tissue, blood, sinew, etc underneath! All of them."

All color had left The Lady and Judges face during this explaination. Lady Justice broke the silence, "so that means..." "Yes," Mcmourning practically vibrated with excitement " all eighteen of them dug into their own chests and tore everything out. The real question here is where did the organs go..."

"What about who did this?" asked Justice weakly, almost afraid of the answer. Mcmourning look at her as though she were daft. "The only things I know of that could make people eviscerate themselves are the Neverborn."

Justice faced the judge, in a deeply troubled voice she whispered "Get me Perdita".

Oooh I like! I want to know more...get writing Spoon!

And you have put Justice in there. #swoon#

Honestly, i like it. Theres a good mix of humour, intrigue and gore. All elements that make a great Malifaux tale!

I shall await part 2..........

#sits down and crosses imaginary arms#

no rush, take your time..... ;)

Oooh I like! I want to know more...get writing Spoon!

And you have put Justice in there. #swoon#

Honestly, i like it. Theres a good mix of humour, intrigue and gore. All elements that make a great Malifaux tale!

I shall await part 2..........

#sits down and crosses imaginary arms#

no rush, take your time..... ;)

Thank you very much, I am working on it now. I tried to make it compelling, and like a certain movie director there is a twist!

I should be done in a bit, I am so excited!

Thank you very much, I am working on it now. I tried to make it compelling, and like a certain movie director there is a twist!

I should be done in a bit, I am so excited!

lol. I didn't mean you had to write it all now!! But fair enough, strike while the iron is hot!

At least you have an ending already. I keep changing my overall ending in my tale every time I writ a new part...