Durek's Painting Log

durek

Here is my Sonia, not extremely happy with the way she turned out but… I think sometimes you just have to know when to stop. That and as an idiot I glued the sword to play with her before painting; I honestly have no idea what daft thought got into me in that moment. It lead to some extremely hard to reach places which I thought I had got until I looked at these pics [damned you different perspective and macro zoom lol]. Seems I’ll also have to hit her with another light dusting of matt varnish.

Pictured besides her is my Claim Jump marker, wasn’t sure what I wanted it to be but inspiration hit me while watching the roadrunner once again out foxing the one and only; Wile E Coyote: Avatar of Fruitless Perseverance, unlike Daffy Duck: Avatar of Eternal Frustration.

th_Sonia-f.jpg

th_Soni-b.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Its been another long break but the painting bug has got me once again...in 3 places.

Here is a pic of the model I've most recently completed for my Collodi crew, a Stitched Together.

I have 2 other projects I’ll be switching back and forth from, which are my Soviets for FoW and core troops for my Vampire Counts army. Progress on the Mad Dark Puppets will be slow (which isn’t really new for me anyways*wink* )

As always comments and critiques are welcome.

*Apologies for the errant dog hair I now just noticed.

Stiched_zpsb8de001a.jpg

• 5 months later...

Well its been a long break; back to adding to this Plog.

Evil so sorry I gave no response to your comment, website never reported there was any :facepalm:

Added a new link to my signature for my other items that have been occupying my time away from Malifaux on our local gaming site open to all of Ontario. Feel free to have a look around :)

Here is a Convict Gunslinger, he's been sitting on my painting table base colours done for oh...bout 2 yrs now. Figured he's due to be finished.

First time with darker skin tones and it didn't come out too bad, gloves were a real pain (they went through 3 colours before I was ok with it).

He's got them "Crazy Eyes" due to the fact I always remember never to use pure white for eyes...about 1 hour after they're done... ;)

Took pics outside today but with the changing cloud pattern it didn't come out as nice as I last tried it a couple weeks back. It actually looks more uniform in real life.

Convict_zpsc3ad7ddb.jpg

Edited by durek

• 4 weeks later...

Had time and the energy to finally finish up my Wendigo, which had been siting on my paint table 1/3 done for over 2 years.

I'm actually happy with how the little guy turned out.
Also a work in progress of an Electrical Creation Bomb-Om conversion for Ramos

We'll see how he performs in M2E these coming weeks.

Wendigo_zpsa27721fd.jpg

omb_zps126e2536.jpg