McM Doggies

Hi,

I'm new to this thread and I would like to say how happy I am to be part of this forum.

I find McM interesting and want to gather from your point of views regarding the doggies. How many doggies do you guys actually field with the regular 35 pt. scrap game?

Also as an addition to my inquiry, do you guys think Bette Noire would be good for McM novice player?

To sum up, heres what I would like to get:

McM box set

Doggies (Will 2 packs (4 doggies) or 1 pack (2 doggies) be good for novice player?)

Bette Noire

Will this be a good starter list?

Thank you very much in advance.

At 35ss I would usually run between 3 and 5, they are really cheap and work really well, if you need to get objectives with them I say the more the merrier.

Bete is good, not so sure for novice player (but I started using her when I was a novice so do what you want, you will just have a bit more of a learning curve). You just ned to pay attention to when you get her to come out (when they kill you as she can then activate without retaliation most of the time) and keep a 10 of anything in your hand and she is unkillable. The threat of Bete can also play in your opponents mind too.

Purchases wise I think you would be best off getting the 2 packs of dogs along with Bete, I have found a Belle and a few Necropunks also work nicely with the good doctor and you can definitely get a good swarm going backed up by some heavy hitters

I was eyeing at the Rotten Belle, and so far I find it less eye catching than the Hollow Waif.

1.) Can Malifaux be proxied? I'm planning to use the Hallow Waif to represent the Rotten Belle if possible... maybe for a friendly game or perhaps to a tourney?

2.) Do you think it is good if add Mortimer in the team or is he exclusive to Nicodemus?

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I played 5 or 6 25ss games with McM as my Master. Same list each time and, although I had a hard time getting the VP to win the game(I am an awful strategist), all of the games I tabled the opponent in either turn 5 or 6.

Here is the list I ran:

McM- 6ss Cache

Zombie Chihuahua- 1ss

Bete Noire- 9ss

Sebastian- 6ss

Canine Remains x4- 8ss

Extra soulstone to convert to a BP counter, which gives McM 1 BP's going in to the game.

When I deploy, I put 3 dogs around Sebastian and one right on McM. First turn, I activate McM and target a dog and do Scalpel Slingin' strike. Cheat the Def down on the dog so you can get a least a straight flip. Cheat the damage flip so it does weak damage (2 damage of the dog's 3 wounds). Gain 1 BP(now have a total of 2). Now in BtB with the dog, cast (1) Dissection and kill the dog. Gain 3 BP(now have 5).

At this point, assuming that you have at least a 10+ of crows in your hand, free Flesh Construct comes in with (0) Monstrous Creation.

If the game gets nice and intense, this can really work well for you. One of the games I played last night, I had 3 Flesh Constructs out at one time. Needless to say, I killed the whole Von Schill crew before turn 5.

After a lot of trial and error, this is the list that I find to work best for me. I would wait till 1 enemy model is killed to bring in Bete, just so she pops up right on the thick of things. Just be sure that you have at least a 10+ of any suit stocked away in your hand for her so she can Bury and heal when she gets wailed on.

If I had to make a 35ss list, I would just add 2 Punk Zombies and start the game the same way.

Cheers and happy slingin'!

Edited by uni-corn

I've got a recipe for a Rogue Necromancy on turn one if you are really intent on having that. You do need to rely on some low cards and a few masks.

1. Start with 2 Soulstones less than your game number (33 instead of 35, 28 instead of 30, etc) Use these as extra Body Parts. [2]

2. Take at least 2 Canine Remains

3. Have McM cast Wracked with Pain on a Canine Remains within his melee range. Cheat it down if necessary. Cheat with a Mask and trigger Scalpel Magic. [3]

4. Use the melee strike and kill it. [4]

5. Pick the Corpse Counter up. [6]

6. Repeat steps 3-5 on another Canine Remains within melee range. [10]

7. Cast Monsterous Creation. [2]

It is a little silly in my opinion and there is more than one way to do it but it is kinda funny to pop it out on turn one to see the look one someone's face.

As for the OP topic...

I usually use 4, so I could use them as BPC or to nab stuff with Sebs.

There is never an McM list I have without Sebastian...some people say he's not that great, but I have no idea what their talking about.

In a 35ss list, I usually have...

My core models:

McM

Sebs

2-4 K9 remains

Optionals (depending on Strategies)

1-3 Punk Zombies

1-2 Rotten Belles

Flesh Construct

Grave Spirit

More K9s

Killjoy

1. Start with 2 Soulstones less than your game number (33 instead of 35, 28 instead of 30, etc) Use these as extra Body Parts. [2]

3. Have McM cast Wracked with Pain on a Canine Remains within his melee range. Cheat it down if necessary. Cheat with a Mask and trigger Scalpel Magic. [3]

Whats the use of the extra bodyparts for ss?

The necro cat costs only 8 parts, so with spell, attack and corpse you get 4 parts per doggie.

I've got a recipe for a Rogue Necromancy on turn one if you are really intent on having that. You do need to rely on some low cards and a few masks.

Oh my god. That is an amazing idea. I never though to cheat that trigger to get that free strike. Absolutely wonderful. And if I apply that same to tactic to get a Flesh Construct, I can continue with my activation rather than ending it by casting Dissection.

Whats the use of the extra bodyparts for ss?

The necro cat costs only 8 parts, so with spell, attack and corpse you get 4 parts per doggie.

So you can be Fast for a few turns, maybe if you want to run up a few inches if you want to drop it in the middle. I said it wasn't perfect and that there are other ways to do it.

My point wasn't to try and make a sparkling perfect example of what to do but to point out a general outline people could follow.

McM is wonderful with that huge SS cache...why not use what he already has?

I have been playing McMourning for 7 months now and I have never needed anymore than his 6 soulstones.

I can do you one better, HippieShopper. This requires a bit less than yours in regards to cards (you only need one mask to cheat in instead of 2) and cost of models (3 soulstones of models instead of 4). If you take 1 soulstone as a BP, you also have enough to spend 1to gain fast and move forward before summoning the Rogue Necromancy.

1. Start with a zombie chihuahua and a canine remains in base-to-base with McMourning.

2. Zombie Chihuahua uses magical extension to cast Wracked with Pain on the canine remains using magical extensions (gains 1 BP)

3. Chihuahua casts the spell to hand the BP to McMourning (not necessary to cast, as McMourning will get it when the Chihuahua dies) [1]

4. Have McM cast Wracked with Pain on a the CHihuahua within his melee range. Cheat it down if necessary. Cheat with a Mask and trigger Scalpel Magic. [2]

4. Use the melee strike and kill it. [3]

5. Pick the Corpse Counter up. (and the body part if the chihuahua didn't previously hand it off) [5]

6. Use a melee strike to kill the wounded Canine remain [6]

7. Pick the Corpse Counter up [8]

7. Cast Monsterous Creation. [0]

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my god. That is an amazing idea. I never though to cheat that trigger to get that free strike. Absolutely wonderful. And if I apply that same to tactic to get a Flesh Construct, I can continue with my activation rather than ending it by casting Dissection.

Rofl, I know! Lucky I found this post, I never thought of the trigger and I've been thinking of ways to do it without...which is possible, but very very card/resource intensive.

Hmm...had an idea...and I know people have probably tried it. It won't work all the time (low ss games like 25ss would be best) and won't work against some crews, but it could totally throw someone off.

List:

Mcm - 6ss Cache

Seb- 7ss

Remains x9 - 18ss

total-25ss (6ss cache).

So, Turn 1 activate Mcm, Wracked with Pain + Scalpel Magic 2 dogs (8 bpc's), summon a Construct, burn 1 bp to move up. Move dogs up around Mcm (b2b or close) move sebastian up near Mcm and dogs but not too close to Construct.

Turn 2 - Activate Seb and do his Pulse, cheat with Mcm to avoid dmg, let all 7 dogs die (I'm hoping that his pulse hits friendlies, doesn't say otherwise but haven't checked the manual...unfortunately this is the part that the whole plan hinges on). Mcm activates, picks up 14pbc for a total of 16(with the 2 you had left from turn 1). Activate Mcm, summon a Construct, use full activation to set up, move Constructs accordingly.

Turn 3 - Activate Seb and Construcs first, use them to attempt to lure enemy into combat. Activate Mcm last, use 1 pbc (10 left) for (+1) Fast and get him into combat any way possible but DON'T use Scalpel Slingin, you'll need the (0). Once he's in combat and hopefully generated a couple extra bpc's, summon a Rogue Necro (which will leave you with between 2 and 8'ish bpc's left depending on what Mcm did before he summoned the Necro).

Turn 4-6 - Continue with what you have, summon more Constructs as the situation permits (or as they die), or simply go for the throat with what you have.

At 25ss, some crews probably won't bring enough stopping power to take down all those big nasties + Mcm + Seb. If you manage to generate enough bpc's and get all summon happy (which I know isn't his thing but depending on how the game is going...meh) you could have 6 big constructs (roughly 52ss worth of stuff including seb) walking the table at the end of the game. It's a bit slow to set up, and very manipulative crews may be able to control your relatively small (first couple turns) crew out of position...but hey, it's a total shock value tactic that might throw someone off if they're not expecting it.

OP - please PM "thattyeguy"

He is the undisputed master when fielding McMourning and understands the intricacies of fielding him.

He won the overall 1st place at AUSCON recently and plays very fairly also.

I believe his list included (35SS):

McM

Sebastian

Flesh Construct

Crooked Man

5? Doggies

2 Rotten belles

Im not sure if this was all but I know he wiped the floor with me 8-2 and I was playing Rasputina (albeit with a pre-RP list)