Big Dogs in Snow in Spring

Hello

I am scouting for locations for a film and wondered if Wyrd's international (outside UK) community could help point me towards areas around the world that have a healthy amount of snow in spring, but also trees and lakes etc as opposed to rocky artic wasteland. I'm currently looking into Canada and Greenland, but my knowledge of these countries is limited especially when it comes to such an odd match-up.

Thoughts and recommendations greatly appreciated.

Also as a after thought and just for the sake of mentioning, does anybody here happen to own or have experience with the Newfoundland dog breed? Just researching them as well...

I think that's everything, yes, thank you for your time :)

the Cascade Mountains of the Pacific Northwest (in the USA) Oregon and Washington states specifically... got all you need mountains, lakes, snow... but you better get here quick (by early May). :)

Newfies are wet mouth dogs so they drool. A lot. They are excellent swimmers and they have a very gentle personality.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bleys_Bariman
spelling... duh.

I'll look into that region, thanks.

Read a fair bit on Newfies and though I don't plan on getting a pet of my own for at least a number of years, I do like them. Been looking more into working with regional clubs and breeders who have more disciplined dogs (or close to disciplined as a Newfie can get).

I was planning on shooting some time May, but early might be pushing it, but the film I've got is pretty flexible, winter wonderland is merely a preference I'd go out ot of way to satisfy.