Off Topic Playground

So it is about the wet pants! You disgust me! :D

*rolls eyes*

No...thats your first thought...its about whats in the pants!

The woman I mean...before you go there!

Fergie is a welcome distraction from the working day...

And curiously enough...there is a girl in our local Jessops that is the spitting image of Fergie.....now I'm sure I had a question about digital cameras...might have to pop in at lunchtime!

*rolls eyes*

And curiously enough...there is a girl in our local Jessops that is the spitting image of Fergie.....now I'm sure I had a question about digital cameras...might have to pop in at lunchtime!

I'll phone ahead to warn her! :D

Although I am surprised, I saw a toaster the other day and thought you'd be the perfect match.. but guess not! :D

Just to annoy Chocobo...more fergie..and more fergie singing!

That video is too awesome to be angry at it

And to really annoy him...the Ultimate Fergie!

>.<

*rolls eyes*

She could probably sing better too

In quality terms, without a doubt. Just was off taking a coffee break this week...got 10k words last week, this week I've managed a snail's pace of just under 3k. Still, the quality hasn't gone down, and it's not like I've been abandoned. Just been tough getting anything down.

I took a break last night to try to get the third color figured for my Necrons scheme, and failed rather miserably at it...lol. You'd think it would be easy, but so, not really...

People kept telling me to give WoT another go so eventually I caved. But rather than go straight to book 2 and hope I'd remember the first one from a decade ago I made the mistake of re-reading it. :( Now I need to read some good books before I man up and dive into book 2 (please be better, please please please).

People kept telling me to give WoT another go so eventually I caved. But rather than go straight to book 2 and hope I'd remember the first one from a decade ago I made the mistake of re-reading it. :( Now I need to read some good books before I man up and dive into book 2 (please be better, please please please).

They do get better IMO, but towards the tenth and eleventh books they get very turgid...too many characters and plots going on...when sanderson took over the writing, it clears a lot out, and with a fresher style.

I know it sounds bad, but I think Robert Jordan was becoming overwhelmed by the monster he had created.

lol, most likely.....so did you like the twist at the end....and yes, this will lead into a new story arc in the future!

Yeah. I didn't see it coming at all, brilliantly done. And I'm glad that you're getting stuff done! Maybe you're who got the muse jumping up and down with ideas...not that I'm using them, but I've got a few interesting ideas that may translate into short stories instead of being novel ideas. Had a nifty idea involving the supernatural...but I've gone so far out of my way to make the novel feel 'grounded' in reality, that I'd break the WSOD...

Honestly...I can't give you an opinion on it. WoT was the first fantasy series I ever really got into (I was 11 at the time) and I tore through to book nine before I was 13. Ever since, it's been a lot of stubbornness...so, I dunno, lol.