Off Topic Playground

Not too much. Work has been decent. Started playing Blood Bowl on the pc...combined with writing, my painting time is starting to disappear, lol. Trying to find some point in my crazy schedule to call Admissions at a University with an online degree that I want to shoot for. And eagerly awaiting seeing the stuff from Gencon and ordering things. How about you?

Dark Elves. I've tried a few others, never really was able to get any to click, at least not yet. Never gotten to late campaign, lol. Right now, I'm in the second competition of the pc single player campaign, and getting my head handed to me after an undefeated first competition.

...I am playing on easy. -_- I never claimed to be good at the game, just that I enjoy it. Still getting used to it all. No one's been injured yet, thankfully and surprisingly. I swear the algorithms are rigged low, cause I rarely can get past even low armor.

You get games where you can't hurt anyone and others where you get them all. Of course, Mighty Blow helps. I'm not sure which of the Dark Elf players can have that one, maybe just blitzer.

These days as I don't take it seriously I'm even cheating. I've modded it so my Chaos squad can recruit Wardancers (with higher armour). Sure it's not a challenge but there are some days after work where you just want an easy win. And there is nothing quite like facing a Goblin team and seeing that little red cross appear on most blocks :)

You get games where you can't hurt anyone and others where you get them all. Of course, Mighty Blow helps. I'm not sure which of the Dark Elf players can have that one, maybe just blitzer.

These days as I don't take it seriously I'm even cheating. I've modded it so my Chaos squad can recruit Wardancers (with higher armour). Sure it's not a challenge but there are some days after work where you just want an easy win. And there is nothing quite like facing a Goblin team and seeing that little red cross appear on most blocks :)

None of them can. I play dark elves on the tabletop. They are a great team, their only down side is that none of them have access to strength skills :(

#Looks down in shame#

Been there, done that. After a Friday night with too much drinking I pre-ordered the terraclips while Maelstrom had a sale on. I'm ok with that. What I don't know is why I ordered a mobile toolkit.

Lol, I guess to go with the Hoff box set you drunkenly pre-ordered from wayland games? ;)

And I have never played BB on the Pc, only tabletop...Always played Dwarfs....I know, a bit one dimensional, but it was always fun to smash through a weak rearguard and run (well, jog) the touchdown in as my linemen kept their players busy!

Then I'd run into chaos teams....

Well that sucks. I think I need to roll a double on the level up to get agility skills like dodge but I think of that as an optional extra. Scoring is something that just happens while trying to kill the other team.

Ah, just the philosophy of my Brothers Chaos team....they used to win simply by smushing everyone else and then scoring. Low scoring games but very fun to play in!

Yeah it came to $6.50 but i know Wyrd were looking at the postage stuff over the last couple of days as it was throwing out seemingly random amounts and options....so it might change.

Yeah.. I think they will change this for when the GenCon stuff go live.... I tried test order of 3 boxsets and shows $6.50 postage to uk... I think thats too cheap... so I guess they will fix it... but if that is infact the correct price... HOORAH!

Damn, now I want to play Blood Bowl. But I've already got 2 games on the go at the moment and no time for them.

Lol. I haven't played a game of anything for over 6 months now due to family commitments..... But I rest easy knowing that in my loft is 10,000pts + of Warhammer Dwarfs, Bllodbowl with several temas, and now my malifaux figures!

Just waiting for that precious commodity they call free time!

....... and there was much rejoicing!

:D indeed... I'm a nervous wreck here! Its that horrible fear of the unknown feeling... I don't know what lots of the stuff looks like.. so I don't know how much I'll need to spend and I don't know what time it goes on sale! I'm running out of finger nails fast!!!