Off Topic Playground

Yeah, I've done the whole rivet thing before, remember? Screw that, lol. Honestly, I realized that it turned out to be a fairly reasonably clever decision... if I remember right, Nemo is in charge of the SRU program, so it'd make sense for him to be my first warcaster for them. Still not sure on what direction I want to take the army, though. Although I do intend to get Allison right off the bat, lol. Even without 'jacks, she's a great "super solo" at 15 points.

Heh, I can help you brainstorm some lists, they're on my brain right now... Reminds me, can I just say how annoying it is that the Hunter/Grenadier/Minuteman chassis isn't plastic by now? It really bloody should be at this point... >.> Oh! Question for you. Do you have a Hunter and a Minuteman?

Are they on hand? I'm curious if they're the same size, cause if they are, I think I can convert the axe on the Hunter so that I can tolerate the metal kit, lol. Kraye looks like a lot of fun. pStryker could be interesting in the current meta... a one turn ARM skew could make a lot of difference and his feat definitely provides that.

Took a couple of extra days off. My mom hinted that she wanted us to stay home this Thanksgiving (being in the hospital the Sunday before didn't help), so I got to game on Saturday a bit.

People still have the "I don't play with unpainted miniatures on either side" thing going. Some of us don't have time to paint much, old man.

Got to show people Age of War (think Elder Sign's task mechanic but competitive with a samurai theme) and Sushi Go (a sort of meld-building game with the catch of passing your hand to the left after playing a card). The former's a fun time-killer if you have 20 minutes; the latter is now one of my go-to games for non-game-geeks. I still don't like the word "meld" though- it's supposed to be a game term but when I hear it I think "grilled cheese sandwich", probably because it's too close to "melt".

What do you Infinity players think of this? It might be a tad dense, but it sounds like a bit of whining from what I know of the game- impetuous is only a setback instead of an easy kill and snipers and HMGs don't rule the table anymore. You have to instead think about that CC unit actually, you know, making it into melee with you.

I played enough Necromunda to know that if you don't have enough terrain the shooty factions almost always win, barring any sneaky placement rules.