Off Topic Playground

Y'know, that's something I've always found weird. Unless it's a card game, I've always had a helluva time getting people to try out a game even if I have two forces for it. It's always a pain in the ass, cause it makes doing demos or helping people get real experience with a game to make an informed decision really hard.

Unless it's a board game for me much of the time. The club attendees tend to be more open if you have a full demo set up, though.

I know that situation all too well. It's why I need to start acquiring sets of different Malifaux factions. If Mohammed can't go to the mountain, etc..

I try to do the same for any game I play. Minimizes the excuses for not trying it. I will try a lot of different games even if I have no intention of playing them beyond that. Who knows, I might be surprised, right?

Oh, didn't realize she was a Viktoria. Not the biggest fan of the looks of the sisters. They, along with the rest of that crew look the least "steampunk," most "cheesecake anime pinup calender."

I never saw it, but apparently the new Viks crew was heavily influenced by the movie Sucker Punch. I think the only models from the set I'm "eh" on are the Ronin. I like the Viks' goth-punk look (they would probably listen to a lot of Bauhaus if they were in the modern world), Taelor is actually dressed sensibly (though I like the metal version's "what, you want some?" pose), and the Student of Conflict is cute (and would make a great stand-in for a young girl hero in multiple RPGs).

That reminds me...Google "Gotham High art." It's classic Batman characters reimagined as students at the same high school. Now imagine that but with Malifaux characters- maybe as a 6-12 school instead.