Off Topic Playground

Great news about the kitten...I can imagine he is a drain on attention lol!

Watched a great little film (if you don't have high expectations) last night...Troll Hunters

Its Norwegian and therefore has subtitles but it really is a clever little film, done as if its students filming it all ( a la Blair Witch).

If you are stuck for something to watch, give it a go.

This weekend was a pretty good time. Went to hang out with friends in Chicago, and on the way home Sunday we went to Unique Gifts & Games and the Dice Dojo. Also stopped at a store in Louisville. Got that new Reiner Knizia Japan-themed game and a couple of old minis from the bargain bin. Girlfriend bought Sentinels of the Multiverse and some old Reaper archer orcs.

Magfest is next. We want to fly out this time, so we're probably not taking any minis at all (though if I could get everything into a carryon, I'd take some- maybe 15mm stuff).

Looks like everyone else had a decent weekend. That's good.

Not sure what else to talk about, so look at these sushi socks: https://otakumode.com/shop/53cdb8eef9dc586052000ee4

Oh, so Robotech showed up today. \o/ Well, the Wave 1 stuff, still waiting on Wave 2, lol. But still, it's quite exciting! The models are gorgeous and the rules (so far) seem pretty solid. Only complaint I have is the lack of lamination on the record keeping cards, but I can hopefully fix that myself with a home laminating kit. Oh, that and the models are complicated. o.o The Defender Destroid seems like the simple one, and it's 20 pieces for a model an inch and a half tall. But damn is it pretty. Going to be slow going on the building and painting though...