Off Topic Playground

I believe our ogre player has been playing around with lots of single skirmish ogres running about Dust, and seems to be enjoying it.

Single Ogres can be useful (I put the Diadem of Dragon-kin on a single fast Large Infantry or Hero unit frequently), but an army of nothing but them is kinda sick and wrong. Tournaments are using hard limits these days to prevent single unit spam- most don't allow more than 3 or 5 of the same unit type and size.

The worst one anyone could think of on the Mantic boards was an entire army of single Drakon Riders. At least with my all-Werewolf army I'd take a couple of Regiments and a bunch of Troops- never took more than 4 individuals wolves.

I think single Large Infantry and Cavalry should be unlocked like Heroes, Monsters, and War Engines. That way we can still field 2-3 without seeing an entire army of them.

Apparently they decided acting is just not their thing.

I have heard that Joffrey's actor is an example of "mean character, nice actor" to the point that it bothers him that some (dumb, IMHO) people can't separate the two when he goes out in public. I know a big part of it is that he wants to go to college and get an advanced degree. He could always come back later- it's not like people won't actively seek him out if he announces he wants to act again.

I haven't bought any new minis in a while. I should probably order some multibase-sized bases for my Ogres- gonna keep 3 of each kind (one-handed, two-handed, heavy crossbows) on individual bases and multi-base the rest. I also think I should multi-base anything that's not individually based already- it's just so much easier, and I doubt I'll ever play Whammer anyway. I can always use some sort of marker if necessary...