Off Topic Playground

Yeah. First board on the plate is a Mining Town, with at least half the board being the interior of the mine. We won't be getting started on that until next year, but he's already got ideas. I also got an easy idea on the start of a swamp board, so that's nice. It'll be messy, but it'll look good.

Indeed! I know the swamp will be pretty easy. MDF base, get 1 inch foamboard to glue onto it. Cut into the foam board, paint the bottom black, add some grass and stuff, add water effects. Apply sand and some grass. Still working on LOS blocking terrain, though.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

For the mining board, my friend is thinking of using some tree bark material.

Boo. :'( I don't have the time/skill for that one, sadly, lol. I know, it's kinda pathetic in some ways, but that's just how things are...

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Although that paddleboat could work for a boat run aground in a swamp...that's an idea for future boards. I'll have to keep that in mind for when it hits retail.

Oh, that's another few days. Thankfully I get the time off, honestly. :) Last night of work for the week and it's going pretty well, all in all.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 AM ----------

Planning out what the hell I want to get for this Black Friday sale...

Yeah, I'm going to be trying something somewhat stupid with that translucent green Pandora...get some LEDs. The Sorrows and Poltergeists will be easy enough to work with, but Pandora I want to paint her up and leave the smoke and eyes unpainted, so that an LED underneath would make them glow. Same with Candy and Baby Kade.