Off Topic Playground

Nothing's being published, I'll be lecturing to undergrads (or masters students, need to check that) as part of their course. So I can say I give lectures on my CV, and that's about it. Not that that is a bad thing to say on my CV, mind you!

Oh, not too bad. Had to write up a letter to a friend that could have some bad consequences this morning. :/ It sucks, cause I value the friendship a lot, but having to write a letter that basically goes 'you're the reason I feel isolated in x situation' is not one that was fun to write nor do I expect it to be well received. (sigh) Oh well.

Anyway, got my first quiz for Book of Acts done, got a 90% on it. Working on my philosophy reading now. Goal is to have tonight free to do some creative stuff.

Yeah, it helps to not be burned out on everything when you're trying to do coursework, lol.

I'm praying the situation turns out well, but frankly I don't expect to know for a while.

And now I'm cursing out the ebook system for logging me out in the middle of reading my textbook... >.> grrr...

So, what's on the list for creative credits tonight?

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

sweet! Thunderstorm over the lake!

Well, I managed to earn half a credit earlier for doing 15-20 min of writing. Sadly, I promised I'd do whole credit or it doesn't count, so that was a bit of a daft time to stop! lol

I'm just waiting on shang's base to cure, while it does I'm going to cook some food, then I'll paint him.

Also trying to stop looking at the arcworlde kickstarter. It's not healthy for me...

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Ooh, pretty!

I got caught in one walking to work after coming home for lunch. Soaked from the knees down, but my umbrella caught the rest luckily!

Oh i'm fine now. I'm home and free from work.

well.. I'm mostly fine. my ear still hurts. Not as bad as it was, though. might just be congestion. I'll have to get my hands on a decongestant and see if that does anything.

As for my day... well.. was up at 0300... got back to sleep sometime around 4 ish I think... woke up with an ear ache... got to work just barely on time, and my class room was destroyed. There was paint on the floor, toys were disassembled, and everything had been moved from the carpeted area where itw as supposed to be to the tile area where it was not. It blocked all my cabinets, and looked awful and I had parents dropping off! While I was cleaning up (which took me an hour!) I realized my dishes never get done friday, (not my job)

so I had a hungry kid, and no sippy cups, or bottles, or ANYTHING. And every teacher was by themselves so I couldn't find anyone to step in for me so I could do my dishes real fast. Had to dump my kids in another class to do them, and hope no one tried to drop off while I was in the kitchen.

Then! my boss asks me to stay late, all my kids are grumpy, and I'm still by myself.

Bright spot to the morning? strawberries from our cook. :) I love strawberries.

Then! lunch break. the girl who gives me my break can't follow instructions to save her life. How hard is "Let him play in his crib until I get back."? I get back half an hour later and, oh... he's asleep... so now he's going to wake up in an hour and wake everyone else up an hour and a half early from nap.... fan flipping tastic....

Did you order her at the same time? Cause Warstore usually holds all elements of an order if it has preorders in it...

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Honestly, I'm getting the Viks cause I wanted an excuse for getting Vanessa, lol.

Heh, extra practice time!

I wanted the ronin, they're awesomely cute but tough sculpts. Viks, taelor and Vanessa are just bonuses *grin*

Also, there's a lot of shang, and the white doesn't want to cover properly. It's somewhat irritating!

I coulda told you that a lot earlier, Mako, lol.

Hmm...can I get four crews painted by the first week of October... >.>

There's a local convention that I want to run demos at...I'm pretty sure I can get two crews fully prepped in time (Mei Fang is mostly done, so I really need to only get another crew finished), but I wonder if I can get Misaki, Lady J and Rasputina done in a month.