Off Topic Playground

Avatars went great. Awesome players all around. TheGodlyness played Bfrench in the final round (I hope I got those forum names right), the former with Pandora and Collodi while the latter had Kaeris (I don't recall if he played with another Master). It was a fierce battle over a King of the Hill strategy, but eventually Blaine got tabled (or Kaeris had 1 wound left and that was all he had on the table) and it was over 8-3.

My memory is a bit fuzzy after a.... very interesting and exhaustion convention to put it mildly. ;)

I'm coherent, but mostly because I was out cold by 10pm and now I'm caffeinated. I still have to fire up the laptop when I get home and pull the tournament results off of it, although given the new format of the Story Tournament I may have to write those results by hand. The finals also need to be written by hand. The others I can autogenerate from the Logbook software.

While you nerds were out nerding it up, we saw the Cult live. Great show. Billy Duffy is an even better guitarist than I thought.

And of course, when I'm running on so little sleep, work today is insane. Everyone and their mom having issues. No rest for the wicked...

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I do plan on trying to make Gencon 2014 with some of my friends here and my buddies from the Chicago area. So yes, the nerd thing above was tongue-in-cheek.

Also, a band called White Hills opened for them. They had sort of a space rock thing going, only more crunch and less oddball hippie. Oddly enough, at times they reminded me of a little-known grunge-era band called Nudeswirl from back in the day.

Hullo guys! Welcome back!

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also Ed can your bow shoot 300 yards accurately?

Mine? No. But I'm betting you can find someone with a longbow that can. If I remember my research right, the British medieval experts of the longbow could.

Hey Dust, how are you? End up ordering anything from Wyrd?

I got the minimum for Miss Step- Tara's crew and Resser, Outcast, and Arcanist faction decks. This way I still get the exclusives but I can get the book and a Guild faction deck from my LGS when they hit general release.

Are Oiran in the Outcast deck or the Ten Thunders deck?

Mine? No. But I'm betting you can find someone with a longbow that can. If I remember my research right, the British medieval experts of the longbow could.

Hey Dust, how are you? End up ordering anything from Wyrd?

right... forgot about longbow... but you can't shoot long bow and there probably aren't very many longbow masters around anymore. and lots of people can shoot rifles so... nyeh :P mine's better. XD

Nice haul there Dust.