Off Topic Playground

Hey deus

Ed, probably games like rummikube, or apples to apples. We're at my grandparents house, so we have to stick to games they can understand. When they both have a bad case of talk-nonstopandneverlistenitis it means games must be kept simple.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Vacation is going well. KC was really cool! I wish we'd spent more time there. Ah well. Hanging with the grandparents is fun too.

There was a debate going on a while back as to whether these new types of putter were acceptable, as they made it easier to stabilise and control the shot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14932[/ATTACH]

(They're banned now I believe)

But today I got thinking, and tried settling the back of the brush handle into the little dent between my collarbones. Works pretty well, I can rest my elbows on my thighs, touch the bottom of both palms together, and have the handle in that little dent, and suddenly the tip is stable as anything and so easy to control for small movements as you're only moving the tip, not pivoting it about your fingers

*grin*

Heh, this is quite true.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Man, the more I read over these Iron Kingdom RPG rules, the more I want to try it...some of the weapons and the character types could be awesome. Make a Duelist/Aristocrat or a Duelist/Thief, and have a sword cane or Rynnish Walking Stick (cane with a small caliber flintlock) would be a lot of fun...

Even better, if you want to be a Duelist/Thief, you could play a Gobber. Which is basically a Gremlin. My brother is considering a Gobber Field Mechanik, although he's not sure on the second career for it. He wanted to do an Arcane Mechanik with it, but Gobbers can't be spell casters. I'm trying to sell him on an Alchemist/Field Mechanik, with grenades and a gas mask, lol.

Yep, totally doable, Mako. My personal favorite one that I want to do is a Gun Mage/Military Officer. Gun Mages use pistols in magic, and Military Officer directs the action and can even give orders to Warjacks and improve their efficiency. Although, I must admit, a Warcaster/Thief could be nifty.

The one thing I find really interesting about the system is that you don't have one class. Right at the beginning, you pick two classes out of the list of 28, and that is a custom class for your character. Some of the classes will lock you out of others, but most of them are completely interchangeable, and only a handful have any limits on race.

Honestly, I was planning on getting the book and thinking about running that during the weeks Shine can't be there, so he doesn't miss anything on a regular basis. Or, another way of putting it, run IKRPG every other week. If everyone's interested, that is.

Honestly, I think I'd be sticking it as simply an 'every other week'. Figure out the schedule, and then stick to that. I think it would be a lot of fun, a very different kind of a game. Plus, the rules are remarkably similar and compatible with Warmahordes proper...all they really did was add a 'feet to inches' conversion and throw in some extra stats and rules for how to do non-combat skill checks.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

The only restrictions I'm going to throw out are no Mage Hunters in the party with human spell casters, and the party has to pick being allied with Khador or Cygnar, not both, lol. The Mage Hunter one is because canon for them...their whole task is to kill human spellcasters. That's the reason they left their country. Eiryss only worked with human spellcasters cause she was a scout and because she got shots at enemy ones, but that was always a one time deal, not an ongoing adventure.

That'll be handy for you, already having a handle on the system.

I still kind of want to run a tomb of horrors style session, spend some time crafting a totally unfair and devious dungeon.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

So, you're saying I can't be a pretty little elf in a combat thong?

Heh, if you want to be, you have to convince everyone who wants to cast spells to be an elf, lol.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Oh heck, I'd play Tomb of Horrors. I've never done a proper dungeon crawl, that'd be awesome. Give me a rule system I understand, I'll play it.

YOu don't think the allure of my combat thong will be enough?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I might thrash one out for our current one, once the campaign ends. Will probably start fiddling with ideas while I paint. I'll let Sophie loose on it *evil*