Off Topic Playground

Heh, I can remember shipping my Circle to Canada. I figured it wouldn't be that pricey, I'd shipped a Dark Elf army to California before and that wasn't too bad, so when we did the trade, I said it'd be on my dime. $45. I know all about expensive shipping.

Yep. Was more than 25% the asking price too.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Anyway, two lessons learned that day. Stop selling armies, and never offer to pay for shipping without an international qualifier.

Well, that's a good thing.

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Alright...so...the question is, do I think I can manage enough sleep to go grab a picnic table and do some writing today... keeping in mind that I have to be at work stupidly early so I can leave stupidly early?

Ed, the chapter has stalled..right at a crucial point too...grrr!

I have just looked at the Gencon releases..I am passing this year..don't want the limited editions or Miss, so no problem with this.

The rulebook and Lady J box seem to be released in September, along with Seamus' crew.

Liliths box comes in October and the Viks in November, which i don't think is too bad, and spreads out both the cost and the time so I can build the darn things!

So no Gencon madness for me this time (wallet breathes a sigh of relief!)

to be honest I have been too tired to actually read anything...the only time I get to read is when I go to bed and by the time I get in there I'm wiped lol.

So i tend to just read pick up, put down things like comics, rulebooks and the Horus Heresy books...all of which don't really get the creative juices flowing!

I'm sure one day i'll get back into the swing and when that happens I can usually churn out a few chapters a week.....as I have done in the past!

Ah well, life does take over sometimes..

And..do you EVER sleep lol?

Heh, still fiddling with Menoth plans?

I do enjoy coming up with lists, mostly for the 'that will look shiny' thing rather than game effect.

And yup, you ratty and steam are the UK branch, while I'm in exile out here in the wilderness of the colonies!

A bit of everything? Lol

Eh, they still have the queen on their money and she officially owns the place I think too, so I should be alright. Besides, they're Canadians and I've spent years living in British cities. Probably not in any serious danger *grin*

Stupid filter...can't read certain pages, but others in the same thread are just fine :facepalm:

I think this Gencon order (Tara + faction decks and I think I'm good for Miss Step), and a few more odds and ends to allow me to play M2E (I'll get the rest from the LGS- I can wait), need to be the last things I get for some time. Washing machine is now dead in addition to all the other crap that comes with owning one of the worst condos in the city.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

This is making this KS project hard to resist- it's terrain-themed Lego-compatible stuff!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avalkauskas/biome-blox?ref=category