Off Topic Playground

I also started a thread on the Writing Excuses sub forum of the 17th Shard... cause I really hate coming up with titles.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Write random words from your manuscript on pieces of paper. Attach papers to wall with tape. Close eyes and randomly throw between 3-5 darts.

Okay, that is an entertaining method.

Yeah...I did that with my first novel I've been working on, but I can't think of anything for this one.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

It's Brandon Sanderson's fan forum. Also the home to the Writing Excuses forum and the Reading Excuses forum.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Oh, this is an interesting topic...Writing Reluctant Characters.

It is, but by the end of the book, doesn't fit as well. The story has really shifted to make the whole heist thing as part one, and I'm going to move things away from that eventually. The story arc I want for this character is to watch her change from a military person, to a thief, from there to a sojourner, become a reluctant revolutionary, and finally into an apprentice trader/nomad.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

In makeup without hat, is what I was saying, lol. He really doesn't look like Matt Smith without the makeup. Anyway, have a good night!

Hm. Certainly does work for title. :) Thanks Web.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

*a* title. (headdesk) Oi.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Oh, so, I discovered something I need to rant about at Barnes and Nobles the other day. Young Adult fiction is apparently a dead section of the store. It has been replaced by one shelf section of Teen Stories, Teen Scifi/Adventure, and three sections of Teen Romance and Paranormal Romance.

ARGH! This is fething ridiculous. Paranormal Romance? How is that a genre?!