Off Topic Playground

Oh, indeed. Definitely getting that box. Also has me torn on getting a second crew box... Rasputina is my favorite Master, but fancy new Death Marshals for Tara to go with that level of awesome is also tempting.

I do wish that Tara's pose was a little more dynamic, but oh well...I'll live with it.

Might be convertable to have a little more movement, you never know. I've had an idea about the big lad, but I might have to cut away the smoke blobs a bit to do it...

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I reckon I might need two sets of marshals, one lot in lady J's box and a second set of three to be made undead to fit Tara. Between her and Levi I'm liking outcasts rules this time round.

Yup, don't need the whole crew twice luckily!

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Would be awesome to have them burning

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Also love karina's trigger name, after the dead of winter fluff...

I wasn't planning on buying Lady J's box twice, just making do with the same set of Marshals for both, lol.

Dammit, this book has me wanting to look into the Iron Kingdom RPG so I can roll up a gun mage. Argh! >.<

And Karina's trigger is definitely entertaining, lol

Um. Not much. My headache has yet to go away. Finished the book I picked up yesterday (yay for downtime and brain candy books) and found it to have a lot more depth than I was expecting. Even the ending was awesome...if kinda depressing. Anyway, if the Iron Kingdom Chronicles keep up this quality, they've got a fan for a long time.

How's you?

Honestly, I didn't have especially high hopes for the book...only picked it up because it had to do with Llael. But still...it well surpassed my expectations. Eagerly looking forward to the next one. Kinda hoping that they stick with what they did with this one- the only named character from the game who was a POV one was Katherine Laddermore. Any other character, like Nemo, or Stryker, was only mentioned or had a brief moment. The rest of the POV characters were brand new, and I liked it a lot.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Well, it's certainly not Brandon Sanderson...but I would rank this at the least as good as the Kris Longknife books in a lot of ways. Brain candy, but the very best of the batch, lol

Oh! And the next one is already out...will have to order it after Gencon, cause I certainly didn't see it in the bookstore.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Or...not. Huh. O.o Eh, oh well, I can wait either way, lol.

*POP*

Morning everyone! Glad you're on the mend Steam, however I am now coming down with a cold!

And Ed, I am surprised you didn't like Prospero Burns as I found it very entertaining once it gets going. The first few chapters I think are set sort of 'in the past' but it soon swings back into Heresy era...and to be fair I enjoyed it more than Thousand sons (but then I hate those pompous finger waggling marines lol)

I actually enjoy the Heresy novels as long as I have no expectations about them...just finished Angel exterminatus and have developed a grudging respect for Perturabo and the Iron Warriors, but now loathe Fulgrim and the Emperors Children!

Morning Abs. Yeah, I just didn't find myself drawn in to the book or the characters. It doesn't help that I haven't liked how BL is writing Space Wolves for a while. Even Dan Abnett can only do so much within those limitations...

Yeah, that's what I figure, Monkey, that it's probably delayed. I think I'll be holding out of the Warcaster/Warlock books for a bit... Caine, the Butcher and Makeda don't interest me. I'll definitely pick up Haley or almost any of the Cryx/Menoth though.

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

What's in the second batch?

And that's a ridiculous point total... >.>

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Be back in a bit, need to bounce over to do a different test.