Off Topic Playground

I'm fairly recent to GMing, but I've been playing for a number of years. Mostly Star Wars SAGA edition, which is an awesome ruleset and setting. I run a group on Saturday nights using Oovoo, which has been fun, and fairly crazy. Everyone in the group is an OTTer, lol. Have you heard of Gnome Stew yet?

Gnome Stew- The Game Mastering Blog

Lots of great advice for anyone running any kind of game. They've got advice on characters, NPCs, making worlds seem real, group dynamics, running a session, running a campaign...everything. I highly, highly recommend Never Unprepared and Odyssey which are books that they've written and published on the topic.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Got a haircut then, Mako?

Yeah, not doing so bad. About to try something new for writing, see if it works for getting Elle more on task.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Heh, maybe we should have Cthulutech on the back burner for an OTTer game sometime?

Well, Elle likes coming up with broad ideas in the morning...when I'm too tired to do anything with. So, I jotted down a list of things she was buzzing on about to work on. Right now, I've got four, most of them description things. Figure that if I make a list each day and follow through with it, I can get her used to following something approaching a schedule.

Oh, probably, lol

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Odds are it's not going to work at all, but I really do want to get more intentional about the goal of being published...not going to be able to do that if I never finish anything!

That'd be fine. It's really pretty simple once you find a program that works. Oovoo is what we use, and it works pretty well for a free one.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

...I meant fun, lol. Good lord, apparently I'm still not awake. Anyway, I'm all for it!