Off Topic Playground

Yeah, some of those are epic. That doesn't count the one my old boss got that said 'no previous paper has this degree of reproducibility so I do not believe the data is genuine' on a paper that was all abut how this new method improved reproducibility...

Or the one that tore me a new one for a bunch of stuff that I'd clearly explained in the text, so there was no way he could have read it, or even skimmed it properly (the other reviewers comment was 'good stuff, but you didn't define this abbreviation. Oh, and put the structure of this chemical in figure 2 would you?').

Saying 'Peer review' to a scientist is like sneaking up on someone with an axe then chanting 'blood blood blood' in their ear lol.

Yup, the future of mankind is in the hands of the one with the biggest ego and the most poisonous pen...

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

What were the other things? I've decided not to pack my pretty dress, it'll get all wrinkled. S that's not one to worry over...

Ah lovely, i was just mildly freaked out about that and a number of other things

Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out. Anything else I can put your mind at ease about?

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

And I thought that the future was in the hands of terrifying undergrads?

Mostly, the undergrads are totally useless and irrelevant in science. It's the few that survive the relentless torture and become the deranged egomaniacs that you want to worry about!

Either way, science is rather boned...

Yeah, but Mako is pretty special like that.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-P

How are the Americans coming along?

Oh, you're not doing too bad these days. We're still annoyed at you for spoiling all that tea, but at least you don't elect chimps to high office any more *grin*

Oh! Right. Answering the question. Um. Not all that exciting. Got heavily distracted by Overlord II.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Oh, you're not doing too bad these days. We're still annoyed at you for spoiling all that tea, but at least you don't elect chimps to high office any more *grin*

No, we just pull it off at lower levels of office. Still, better than you lot... :-P

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------