Off Topic Playground

O.o Woah, there's a way for stupid people to learn a lesson, I guess, lol. Any of that work yours?

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Honestly, if I chip in, I'll probably only do models. The game looks interesting, but the fact that they intend to ship with only one campaign and put more emphasis on the multiplayer has me kinda 'meh'.

Nope, I use my own laptop, and back it up to an external hard drive regularly. And to dropbox too sometimes, if its really important.

I'd sympathise, but I tried to tell them when we got it that it was network linked and their standard logins would work, so they didn't need local accounts. They refused and said that they had always had local accounts and it was better that way. Now I can sit back and laugh smugly...

Eh. I know my workplace is quite the mess because they refuse to adapt to changing circumstances... even when given the option to upgrade to a better machine from a different company, they went with the new line from the same company 'because we know them.' Incidentally, the machine was so new compared to the old one it had nothing compatible in it, including the programming language. (rolls eyes)

Short version, I know your pain...

probably not. Do we really want Biden in control?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

sorry, I'll stop bringing up politics and go take a nap and get my headback on strait.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

however, before I do that, this news article made me laugh

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2013/07/09/impeach-him-barack-obama-declares-that-his-favorite-food-is-broccoli/

No real-world politics please (of course, the politics of Malifaux, other games, fantasy novels, and other such things are fine).

As I say in the store when the old grumps are whining about this and that, "I come here to escape reality- there are any number of places I can go if I want to face it."

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I was too busy doing Monty Python for mine, Redd...

http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Series_1/35.htm

No worries- it's just tiring enough to try to stay informed with all of the spin everywhere. It seems like it used to be "what do we do based on the facts?" and now it's "is there anything we can agree on before someone starts screaming about bias and hidden agendas?"

Redd, I did that and segued into the one with a terrible smuggler that finally confesses only to have the customs agent completely disbelieve him. "Look for all I know, sir, you bought those clocks before you even went to Switzerland."

Not too shabby. Got to work late and I'm itching to go home and work on models- not sure if I want to do Werewolves (which I'm going to paint in Altered Beast colors :-P) or Mummies first, or perhaps I'll just skip to the Bones Colossal Skeleton instead.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

How about you?

Ooh, the colossal. Definitely the colossal.

I won a game of netrunner at last, took the naturals against NBN. I do realise I beat the wimpy deck, but I am rubbish so it's an achievement for me!

Also, for those that play, the combo wayland has of tagging me when they score an agenda, then double scorched earth, is quite brutal. Would have helped if I'd remembered I had a resource I could trash to get rid of the tag, but would simply have delayed the inevitable for a few turns...

hows things Ed?

I'm now 200 words into the first draft of the first theophilus bit. I swear, I will read the cyberpunk before I send you it! Lol