Off Topic Playground

Good. Not quite done yet...heading back to work tonight for the first time since Tuesday. It's been awesome, lol. Granted, not very productive, but oh well.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

How was yours?

Oh no, we'll never hear the end of it now. I'm very unpatriotic when it comes to sports because the media will go on and on about it for ever.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Got the Talos done. I like how it turned out in the end:

th_Talos_zps9b3b841a.jpg

Started a couple of dead doxies. I thought I'd finished Marcus but it looks off somehow. Going to keep working on it.

Lol, I'm hoping that will be the end of it..no more will this be the year a brit wins it!

Anyway, he did well bless him... and deserved it!

Back to proper business now...wheres that darn coffee?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Nice mini Steam..when you said Talos I thought you'd gone all 40K on us...!

What game is that for then?

We played a 30ss game of M2E last night. I managed to win by the skin of my teeth with the Viks. The Rail Golem is extremely nasty.

Also distracting is the arrival of ogres, werewolves, goblin mawbeast riders, and other such goodies from the KoW Kickstarter. To top it all off, Miniature Market had a boardgame blowout and I got a bunch of games MSRP'd at 360.88 for about $85 with free shipping.

I know Elder Sign and Forbidden Island are fun (like Pandemic, they are co-op and thus good games for "this looks too hard, I don't want to play" types). Drake's Flames said Battue was fun, so I think we'll like it. Hopefully Martinique, Megacorps, Okko, Rush n' Crush, Hurry'Cup, Scrappers, and Pocket Battles Orcs vs. Elves are good, too.

Forbidden island is good fun, have played it a few times. I actually played netrunner last night. Took me and my mate a while to work out what the rules were burbling about, but once we got going it was good fun. He kicked my ass with a good play, was hilarious.

"I can stop you winning by doing this"

'Well, you could, but here's my counter I've been saving for ages'

"Oh bum"

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

And I'm on a mini ban until GenCon too. I know what'll happen there, so it's necessary!

I haven't played Netrunner yet. Looking forward to busting out my copy though.

I, too, am on a near-total ban until GenCon, and even then I will likely only get the exclusives from Wyrd so I can give the rest of my business to my LGS, just like last year.

I have way too much stuff to assemble, much less paint, as it stands now.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Forbidden Island is "I want to play Pandemic but we don't have time for Pandemic" :)