Off Topic Playground

I've had a Jedi lightsaber/sorceror (first character ever, so convoluted and ended up so terrible... >.<), a gun mage (ton of fun) and the above warcaster (who was a deliberate attempt to break the system...coulda done it better still). The last two characters have been purely no magic of any kind and very interesting because of it.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Dual classing got really easy in 3.5 and then horrendously impossible in 4th...

No idea, unfortunately. I just played through XCOM, I know I'm holding off on jumping into any other games until I get something hobby done...hopefully writing.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

So, what're you reading, Steam?

I'm just finishing up Execution Hour at the moment, after that I'm probably going to jump back into Double Eagle. Never got around to it last time I tried to read it. From there, I'm thinking the first Kris Longknife book.

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Right now, I'm really enjoying the Writing Excuses podcast...it's neat to be able to hear different parts of writing discussed by such a wide array of writing types.

Definitely some good stuff in there if you enjoying writing/reading as a hobby. Interesting lens to view things through. Although listening to one of the episodes made me realize that I've thrown myself into writing a character driven epic novel, not the regular novel I thought I had...means I need to step up my game more than I thought.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

So what's the other one you're reading? I'm not familiar with that book.