Off Topic Playground

Drifting attention span, new tires on the car, back to figuring out one shots for TTB. Realized that the serial killer idea is too awesome to try to make a one shot...much rather hold onto that one for a campaign proper. About to start researching pre-made one shots for other systems...

That works. Yeah, I need to work on developing some more 'pivotal' characters. I figure I should have a couple Guild officers, some Union folks, a couple merchants and so on. I also want to figure out a couple different towns the party can start off in for the campaign... nothing too specific at the moment. Basically a pioneer town, a mining town, a 'suburb' of Malifaux proper, maybe a Guild outpost.

Awesome picture that needs to be shared-

oh-so-this-is-the-civil-war-we-are-reenacting-this-week-j2n7tgst.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Honestly, I'm not sure yet. It's on the list of questions for them. If they're new into the Breach, I'm gonna have to pull either an Italian Job recruitment scenario or a 'You all walk into a bar' joke. Which, hey, I can work with that. But they might know each other from the other side of the Breach, or have been around for a while. Don't want to dictate that one too much.

If there's too much of a mix you could always let them meet up on the train journey through. Some could be new unknown people whereas another couple could already be a pair and chatting away. Maybe some other passengers go a bit crazy due to the trip and wacky hijinks ensue allowing the party to form.

It supplements and you get paid a bit for anything you generate (once you've filled out loads of forms). There's no storage for it.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

During the daylight it generates more than I use. So that's now free.

Measuring Melee ranges and walks easier than with a tape measure. Have used shine's and it's quite good for seeing if you're within 1 or 2 inches of another model for Melee strikes and such

I got one of these during FRPGames' Holiday Discount Sale: http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=86816#.UWbCfqgqLxQ

It's very, very handy.

My dream home would include as much solar power as I could possibly get, including a solar-roofed garage....to charge a Tesla Roadster *grin*

Man I miss the cars you could fix everything in using 2 wrenches, a screwdriwer, and a hammer. Always a hammer.

In other news, wohoo I got my own ownest Malifaux crew! I'm wondering about the painting scheme though (Ramos' vs Guild bots) - Arcanist bots would be artisans' work so lots of polished brass, bare stainless steel/copper, hardwood inlays, while Guild's are mass-manufactured crap - cheap steel and chipped protective paint. Yay or nay?

ed: Bear in mind that my Malifaux is going to be strongly euro-centric. Poland hadn't regained independence back then, but we had quite a few brilliant inventors/engineers around that time and a real potential to be a technical power - before bureaucracy, mismanagement and WW2 screwed it up. So a few changes and the proud and (somewhat) glorious Second Republic is back ^++++^ and instead of Wild West we got Wild East, the former provinces of the Russian Empire, lands of fast fortune or quick ruin :>

Also, late XIX-century urban horror and so on. Love that stuff.

Edited by Pierzasty

That's a very cool concept, Pier- go for it.

Spartan might be picking up steam again in my LGS. I have to admit I'm squeamish about the CSA, since the Confederates won and I don't remember if the fluff mentioned whether or not they abolished slavery *worried* I'd probably roll the Russians or something.

One of my beefs with Spartan is that they have so many freaking factions in Dystopian and Firestorm that I've lost track and have no idea what I'd play except based on looks. I've been burned once by that already; the Relthoza, of the original 6 factions, were probably the worst possible choice for me (even though their ships were the coolest looking).

They're at what, 18 races or something now?

In other news, the Fantasy Warriors Indiegogo has come down to 15 euros for the PDF rulebook, and I might be writing an article for the next Mantic fanzine- a beginner's guide to the Undead :)