Off Topic Playground

Ah, nice.

Sweet, got to order from Smart Max after all...very helpful customer service there. I ordered the German and Captain Canada...now I need to figure out some bases to do with them. I wonder if I can get them both to fit on a 120mm base as a diorama...

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

So, how goes, Mako?

Not bad. Just woke up, was up til 6am, so I figured I'd make today a weekday and just slept the whole day...woke up about an hour ago. Looking over my homework assignments for the week, just got some writing stuff. A couple analysis pieces.

Here's Captain Canada

product_5558162b.jpg

What's on the project list?

Ooo...I think I found a base to use with them as a diorama piece. Just need to figure out if I want them only as a diorama, or if I want to have them available if I can find a skirmish game that I could use 54mm with it...

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Canada has a whole super team!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12571[/ATTACH]

Wasn't Deadpool Canadian too?

Deadpool is probably the only one of the 'Big Two' characters I have the least bit of interest in. Marvel and DC have me both ticked off at their writers, repetitive plots, to say nothing of the issues I have with the women's costumes (or lack thereof...)... Much prefer independent comics like Atomic Robo.

Well yeah, indies will always be better. But Deadpool amuses me to no end, and I still have a soft spot in my skull for Marvel, having grown up with it.

DC can suck it. When they design a hero that isnt bland as hell they can call me. Except Batman. Batman is good. But Superman completely counters that so they are back to 0 on an interesting character count.

Heh, I just amble along oblivious to most of it.

Today's list has a resin pour for the wedding gift, the sniper girls, some other prep work, job hunting, and continuing to build my terrain tester piece. I was sure there was something else too, but I can't remember it at the moment.

I've always hated Superman...everything ends one of two ways- he punches it, or throws it out of the atmosphere.

The Cartoon Network license of Teen Titans was good, but I'm not sure if that counts considering that DC let someone else do the writing.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Honestly, the only connection I have anymore to regular comics is the webcomic writers that review them...

Honestly, an outside studio made their characters far more interesting. I actually looked into the comic after watching a few episodes, thinking it might be the golden comic! Then starfire was bouncing out of a towel, i rolled my eyes and re-read transmet instead.

Did you forget to horribly damage yourself in some way Mako?

Two I think, one to seal in the last paint that I did earlier, and a second to deepen it. Not much more work really.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

And I'm still injured in terms of my thumb, I've been off buying ibuprofen today to see if that stops me having to wear the brace all the time. So I think I'm pretty much ok for injuries at the moment!