Off Topic Playground

Yeah, it was a blast. Fun seeing changes to the traditional arrangements I've heard for years.

Gonna try to get the snipers into a competition, Mako?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

How'd the move go, Shine?

I didn't try to, I did! I just waited til the truck was parked outside his new apartment and people were ready to catch *grin*

Yeah, they've come together quite well so I'm thinking I might take them to salute in two weeks time.

Sweet! Good luck with that!

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

So, Elle is all excited about the idea of painting more large scale pieces after I finish Monique... I've got four projects already in the wishlist... >.>

I went looking, but I couldn't find anything. Still, considering the two that odin's done, it can work, and it'd be fun to give it a try. I'd love to start with the German, honestly, but the storefront for Smart Max won't work! And Cool Mini is out of the guy... >.>

Well, I need to figure it out sometime. Better than my idea for Sonnia, I need to figure out how to paint white for that crew.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Actually, I need to figure out white and black for Sonnia herself... >.>

Got any good articles on those kicking around? I know the theory (black/white is the extreme) but recipes would help a lot more than that one line advice.

For black, I usually use black with a bit of white in as a base coat (adding a bit of blue, brown, purple or red depending on what I want it to look like). Add a little white or bonewhite to highlight, and then the pure shade.

White is an odd one, you can start with a pale blue grey (I mix mine usually), shading by adding black, for a cold white. Warmer whites I use bonewhite to start, and add dark blue or brown to it for shading.

My lady j was done in black and white, although she's pushed quite a way from the monochrome look.

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Other than that, it's mostly poke it with a brush and see lol. They're tricky to get right.

Hm. That was something I hadn't thought of, avoiding pure black for the shading of black... Thanks for the answer. :) I'll have to mess around with stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Yeah, unfortunately there's so much of painting that comes down to trial and error...