Off Topic Playground

Hmmm...should I get a grey, or a purple grey set?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

that is now the picture that is going to come to mind whenever i think of stress. Thanks. :P

Woohoo, Mako!

What? That really is Bad Juju! It's the name of the model- Bad Juju, the mire golem.

maybe you should back off the purple... you said you'd been using it too much. though, i'll admit purple and grey do look really sweet together.

The colors I'm doing for the Ten Thunders are dark grey with metallic purple freehand on the robes. I'm just not sure the kind of grey to go with.

Although,.. with the new job, I'm now not sure if I can get the time off for Gen Con. So I may not meet you guys this year. I may still make the shirts though, and send them to one of you to hand out.

Aw, that's too bad. Hopefully you can! I still want a button to wear, though, in case I get my steampunk costume to wear for the Gencon brawl. That way I can show off my fancy 'Mako's Rubbish' style during the match! lol

edonil... you are really bad for my sleep. you know that? whenever you get me on to something sleep stops happening. I don't even have a rebellious muse like sophie or elle!

might look good. what's the metallic purple look like? is it a darker purple? a mid value? lighter?

Hang around here long enough and you'll have a muse like that... >.> And you can't blame me for that one, I didn't make you sign into the forum tonight, LOL.

Here's the kind of purple I'm using:

post-6969-13911928240628_thumb.jpg

Original plan was to have that purple be the color of the robes, but just wasn't working out as a major color with anything else.

are you really using logic on me? :P

hm. it could work... it works really well with the black in that photo because it gives you a full range of values from light to dark. still, if you use dramatic enough shadows and highlights you could make it work. I can see why it wouldn't work as the main color. metallics are a little overpowering on their own. better used as accent colors I think. makes more of a statement that way without making someones eyes bleed.

well,.. I was thinking something basic,.. like this,..

post-8871-13911928241378_thumb.jpg

As you can see, there's a lot of different color choices, as well as lots of letter colors.

So what do you guys think? Does it need some kind of art? and should i get just a hodge-podge of color choices? or would you guys prefer a specific color theme? and if so,.. what color says "mako" best???

That color looks pretty good. Somewhat reminiscent of a mako shark in the water... I don't think there needs to be any art to it though, lol. Leave it just the words to confuse people!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

must be a personal preference... I stand by my statement. my eye focuses more on the matte surface there because the metallic is too busy. Don't let me stop you though, if you like it, go for it.

Heh, it was an attempt to make a metallic color scheme work. Admittedly, it isn't amazing, but I like it. I don't have any intention of doing it with any other army though, LOL. Alright, dark non-purple grey it is! (goes to hunt down paint)

True. But then, everyone reads mako's thread. Though I don't know if they follow it close enough to get the reference. *grin*

I don't really have a thread. Not a constant one anyways. Not sure that my work is impressive enough for anyone to follow it,.. even if I did.