Off Topic Playground

The Deva Lt. comes with a Devabot as part of their equipment and point cost. But technically, no. Most people run a Dakini as a proxy for the Devabot until they get the kit that comes with them.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Hey Mako, got a brand to recommend (or recipe) for painting black/dark grey? My one color I had for it has gone AWOL, so I'm looking for a replacement.

Um, for black? I usually mix one from VMC black, VGC dead white, and the add in a bit of something else depending on what I need it to go with. Blue, purple or brown are good. And only paint the very deepest shadows properly black, the mid tone area should be very dark grey.

Sounds like a plan, thanks. Won't be able to try that out for a while, spent far too much money lately, but I'll log that for when I do my paint order next.

So, how's you?

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Sorry for the spam. Just testing if I can post again.

Chucklemonkey! Long time no see, how've you been?

And post again? O.o

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Reminds me, I need to harass Regnak...see if he's gotten that computer yet.

Pretty easy, especially compared to other tags. Legs are single pieces, gun arm is one piece and bowie knife arm if arm + hand. Then Shoulder pauldrons and wrist guards. Chest is a single piece with a neck guard and the 2 rear guns, head is one piece and two sets of "smart" antennae.

I broke the bowie arm up a bit cause i think it looks dumb, but overall super easy kit, fits very well, they're adding more stuff to guide assembly on the model. For example, there's two raised bumps on the MK12's that slot in to where they fit on the back. And of course the antennae are paired in a >C shape, with the c fitting around a bar on the back of the head so they wont snap off like SOME *glares at the yaokong*

Why do you mix it that way, if you don't mind me asking?

Means you can introduce colour theory and contrasts into it. With a blue scheme, you can use a bit of brown to make it contrast. And the dark grey midtone makes the shading more natural. Black isnt actually black when light hits it, same as white isn't white except when it's fully highlighted.

That does sound like an easy kit. I had to laugh at my brother assembling his Shock Army, he was complaining about five piece kits...he's also wanting to get a Dragos at some point.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Man, I need to track down some good articles on color theory and the thought process behind it...

I wrote a simple one, it's linked at the start of my WIP thread. Nothing too in depth, just an overview of the types of contrast and how they can be used. There's a more complex one in portal magazine issue 30 (available from wampforum as a download), the guy that wrote it is a total *bleep* and doesn't consider any painting outside of French or Spanish style painting to be any good, but it should be a step up from mine.

Well, that was an odd bout of inspiration. Some of you have tempermental but lovely muses to inspire you. I think mine's more a tattoo-covered, hard-drinking, chain-smoking hellraiser. Lucky she makes it look good lest I just give up and quit creative anything forever *wink*

In other words, out of left field, I just revamped the Find a Player Listing. To break up the lonnnng list of rows, I broke it up by region of the world and put each under a spoiler tag. That way, you only have to click the one pertinent to you.

Also broke up the spreadsheet into separate pages by region.

I hope this makes things easier to read and it wasn't just an exercise in OCD enabling...

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Also added our first African players in Johannesburg. Technically we have players in 5 continents now, and there are probably some in South America somewhere- they just need to join up and say hello.

Edited by Dustcrusher
Removing double post