Off Topic Playground

It's not so bad, I usually Skype them at weekends if I need to, otherwise it's all email. It got really weird when my sister was living in Auckland, she was 13 hours ish behind the UK and I was 5 behind. And of course my friend Rosie was 12 hours ahead in taiwan. Actually remembering who was at what time of day got confusing!

I wasn't adventurous and just followed the picture on the set. So it looks like an unpainted version of this http://microartstudio.com/shop/images/Wolsung_Miniatures/H00007_HDFterrain_XIXcent_BlockOfFlats_01.jpg

With a few of the windows and doors opened up.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

But will snap a few shots when I do Raspy.

Edited by SteamHammer

Heh, a crew for these is a long way off... still need to do two Kamiel, four Makaul (well...two if we're counting ones I'm using), a Diplomatic Delegate and an Ekross.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------

Oh, and a Spec Ops when that shows up. Using it at first for a Kumotail Engineer/Doctor unit, since that one isn't out yet.

It's interesting that people have bad experienced with Wayland. I get all my orders on time. I'm annoyed with something else though. Even if I tell them to hold the shipment until everything is in stock (for up to 10 weeks) they just ship it out and refund me for all that wasn't in stock (but I can live with that)

I can't see anyone's painting. Stupid over-aggressive picture blocking. In any event, I kinda dread showing you guys what my painting looks like- it's going to be terrible (and I don't mean the quick tabletop standard stuff for big blocks of Undead, either- I mean Malifaux minis and other characters).

Working on additional magic rules for Kings of War because...I probably need to get a life :-P Basically as things stand right now each caster can cast one spell per turn, period.

Anyhow, what sounds best to you guys for keeping in the rules-light spirit of KoW?

1) Change casters to allow for a custom "build" in exchange for costing even more points (another user's already written solid house rules that do this).

2) Allow a mage to cast additional spells, but each spell after the first loses one die (i.e. Heal with 3 dice becomes Heal with 2- each die heals a wound on a 4+). This was a different user's idea.

3) One of my ideas: every spell after the first means a cumulative chance of taking a wound. For example, the first spell is no risk, the second spell wounds the caster if any dice turn up a 1, the third spell wounds the caster on a 1-2, and so on.

4) My other idea: every spell after the first inflicts wounds on the caster. In essence, each time the caster casts more than once a turn, he/she increases the risk of not surviving the game.

Any thoughts on this?