Off Topic Playground

Yeah, I can't see why it wouldn't, but it's one of those things where I don't really know how the way I'm doing it will play out for the colours. I like those moments, it means I'm probably going to learn something. *grin*

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

You got any pictures of stuff you've used them on so I can see what you did Osoi? Always handy to see other people's stuff...

Ok I'm on for 1 Quid for Warzone so far and Since I have a Huge army for Cybertronic, Brotherhood and Dark Legion should I increase or not?

You've got time to think it over, but I'd lean towards a "not beyond the rulebook level" unless you simply must have a model or two. Getting people to play a smaller game like this new version of Warzone, Wild West Exodus, Godslayer, or even something with an existing base like Hell Dorado is going to be a very tough sell. Malifaux was hard enough.

People are reluctant to try even if I bring everything needed. I've been trying to get people to try Alkemy for ages and I've flat-out said "I bought all this stuff so people could play with me without having to spend anything" but no dice.

I get not buying into everything (WWX is so tempting- the GF wants a starter), but what is the harm in trying something new, unless it really doesn't appeal to you? Anyway, getting off on a rant there, so back to Warzone...

The rules look good (betas were posted today). They are different yet familiar- so far the only thing I don't like is the weapon strength/armor modifier table, and it's not too bad (every point under Str 10 is a +1 to save, every point over is a -1, Str 18, 19, and 20 weapons inflict more damage). I still prefer 1st Ed's subtract weapon strength from armor for save target method, though.

I'l try and dig around for some pics for you, I blended a bit of purple and red into the flesh of my Ryle modle that in my 'osoi does guild' thread on here. And I am working through some punk zombies at the moment that have had a fair bit of purple added.

Last nights game with Misaki was a nail biter, playing the new master of the hill strategy shared against the Viktorias, I was up in VP's by a fair bit when time had to be called but I think had the game played out I did not have the upper hand, still and ejoyable game though.