Off Topic Playground

Eh, he did good with the Wheel of Time stuff. I just don't care about the plot anymore. It's funny, it's only 14 books but I barely care about how it ends, and yet Honor Harrington is on book 18 when you include the side books and I can't wait for the next one.

Morning Saigh, how goes?

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

I think that if I were to try to start it new from this point in my life, I wouldn't be able to. But I was...11 when I got Eye of the World. It was my first step into epic fantasy, and it was absolutely incredible.

Blame your younger self then. I was mid twenties the first time I tried to get into it.

Hey, I look at it this way- if it wasn't for WoT, I'd have a very different style of writing. A lot of what I don't do that drags books on comes from that series, lol. And I probably wouldn't have the magic system I do, it'd probably be a lot more traditional.

Do they need to be on the runway for the talking to work? If so maybe end the scene with them getting the order to launch or a quick "Let's get this show on the road" type line.

If they don't need to be on the runway then just talk in the locker room or while they're walking to their flyer. Then you can start the next scene mid air and skip the launch.