Off Topic Playground

Heh, there's an idea...positive encouragement instead of negative...

although I have to say, I read earlier on here one of the most hilarious bits of advice on dealing with bad luck on stuff, lol. Get a new one, and make it watch while you burn the old one, lol.

oh yes, got a scheme all planned out. There's a flash game called Culmination, and I'm taking inspiration from that for my scheme. With metals designed to contrast it of course.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Lucky when I showed him a bunch of crews he picked one I had really, too! So all I need to do is get lady J painted up, and then Kaeris, and I can sort out corrupting him to the way of the card!

True true!

Well, we'll see. That involves me getting two crews painted and trying to get things organised to do a few intro bits.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Hmm, a lot of the book one box sets are out of stock on the Wyrd store, wonder what's going on there?

You've got Lady J, right? That's a great demo crew. Kaeris would be another good one. Kirai is a little complex, so I wouldn't advise that.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Try War Store, odds are they're running a little low at the moment, but they'll restock soon.

Yeah, I wouldn't subject anyone to Kirai as a first crew. I suffered for that, only just got used to the rules now! Playing a newbie with McMourning today had me realising I do know the rules now, though for his sake I checked most of them with Shine. Didn't want to screw him over lol.

Will have a chat with Shine when I see him next, and see about the technicals of arranging something like a slow grow thing I can run. Starter box and totem initially maybe, keep the buy in costs down. Not sure what I'll do as prize support, and getting that place to order stuff in is hit and miss at best. But we shall see!

Mind you, I'm guessing that the gencon henchmen need a bit more time in the job than I'd have, so I'd still be free to roam the con at will lol

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Aww, and here was me thinking that maybe a resculpting was happening lol.

There may be something coming, but I've heard nothing about it myself, lol. And yeah, you'd probably want to roam around a bit! I'm just debating on how many shifts I want to run, personally. We'll see. *grin* Either way, looking forward to it!

A slow grow league sounds like a lot of fun, give it a shot!

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

I really like Lady J and Rasputina, gives a good amount of variety of rules without overwhelming anyone.

The lady herself is done, in a sort of black and white with a little red on her. The rest of the death marshals will be that too, and I think any other guild departments will have main colours with a red splash, so Hoff would be brass and steel with red, the ortegas would be in tan and leather with red, and so on.