Off Topic Playground

Friday was a lot of fun. We had a short session of Star Wars because of scheduling issues, but it was a lot of fun. Our Millenium Falcon equivalent and Jedi with an X-wing took out the Yuuzhan Vong version of a Star Destroyer...we hit it with 5 crits, lol. After that, we spent the second half of the session just all snarking at each other and trying to figure out what to do next. It's been a very interesting campaign, lol.

How's everyone doing today?

Sounds like a good session, and a good game. I want to try a brawl sometime but shine called me various inventive names for wanting Colette, Kaeris, Hoffman, mobile toolkit and some metal gamin to keep them alive. With the rest filled with fire gamin or coryphee. Apparently turning things into mannequins that you then explode, then detonating the scrap counters, is rude *grin*

Sounds like a good session, and a good game. I want to try a brawl sometime but shine called me various inventive names for wanting Colette, Kaeris, Hoffman, mobile toolkit and some metal gamin to keep them alive. With the rest filled with fire gamin or coryphee. Apparently turning things into mannequins that you then explode, then detonating the scrap counters, is rude *grin*

Brawls certainly are interesting... I wanted to do a 70ss game, but my players didn't know how long that would last, especially since I'm trying to ween our Dreamer player off of my advice (and he's not liking it), so his activations take far too long.

Ahh, clever ploy there ed!

Yeah, I may have to try to sort that out. Maybe I should try to do it for a GenCon OTTer game lol.

I'm not bad, had some more problems with the harpy but may have salvaged something. So I'll hopefully make one tonight to use tomorrow, then tweak something on the model and make a couple others and cast them up properly now I've fixed some of the problems.

How's the weekend treating you?

Oh, and some girl just phoned me to say in a sulky petulant voice 'you took my phone number' then hang up. Weird...

I want to do a brawl sometime... Really want to try one with Misaki and Yan Lo... I think that'd be a lot of fun. Misaki and her crew to range ahead and kill stuff, the old man and his crew to guard objectives... and kill stuff, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

A Gencon OTTer game? That sounds like a great plan, I'd be up for it!

Don't worry monkey, I'll find an otter to sit at the table and pretend its you! Hopefully I can teach it to work the camera...

The bonus is, since its us we don't have to take it seriously so I'd be up for a misaki/yan takes colette/Hoff!. All I have to do is paint colette's crew, kaeris' crew, and find the cash for metal gamin and the Hoff lol

Eh, Im doing it more so I can be a wild card if we're missing something like Arcanists or Guild, I can fill in any spot

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

oh yes, must remember to break down my terraclips and bring them tomorrow. Want to make sure there's enough non scifi terrain for everyone

Mako, you'll get to help assemble! what a lucky duck you are

I've now worked out how to make the stuff do what i want, and got the vacuum working. But it needs more mould release than my last stuff and hadn't settle quite right, so I scrapped it. I'll sculpt the other two poses before I remake the mould I think.

Probably only a 30 dollar screw up. Not too bad all told lol. And important to do, since now I know how to do it much better and should get lovely casts. Even thinking I'll put green justice in the box next. Just wish I had a pile of lego, that stuff is awesome for mould box making...