Off Topic Playground

Aww. Later Alf! Oh, remind me to discuss an idea with you for an event in February or March...wanting to see if we can turn Erie into a place for Cleveland/Rochester/Grove City players can come together and play each other.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Germany is all dark and spooky at 5 am. :0

5 am? O.o damn. You go into work early apparently, lol.

I got 20 sheets printed out. I do have four dates for the event and a new sheet per player per event is okay... If I run out I will just print anew!

And yes. I work from 4am to 12pm. :P

Aaaaaaand, even though it wasn't Yan Lo, I did get some nifty goody goods yesterday!

post-10280-13911927321008_thumb.jpg

Got my stuff to really make my McMourning playable aaaaand I got my lovely teddy weddy! :3

Top let in the foam is actually a zombie Chihuahua. :D

I heard Rogue Necromancy isn't all too fancy, but I wanted to reserve my judgment for experiencing it myself.

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

I'd only summon the RN with McMourning. It is too expensive for what little it can do. I'd rather spend the ss on Dead Rider or Izamu.

I would only use it with Molly.....

Molly is an 'OK' Henchman. Not an 'OK' master though. D:

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Btw, maybe you guys can help me. I am looking for a model that has multiple eyes and faces conjoined into one mess of yucky. Got any idea which model I could use?

...trying to avoid the Insidious Madness, then?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I have a player who wants to run McMourning with Izamu, Dead Rider, Von Schill, and fill in with pups to turn into the Rogue... I think it sounds hilarious, lol.

Alright, be back in a bit, got to write a three paragraph simple thing in 10 minutes...

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I have a player who wants to run McMourning with Izamu, Dead Rider, Von Schill, and fill in with pups to turn into the Rogue... I think it sounds hilarious, lol.

Alright, be back in a bit, got to write a three paragraph simple thing in 10 minutes...

That is already 30 SS + the pups and cache. Might be tricky in a regular 35 SS game.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Nah something entirely different. It needs to be smaller scale too. Insidious is too 'wide spread' as such. :P

Yeah, I think he wants to do it mostly just for the laughs rather than seriously competitive. If he's doing a national level, he breaks out the Neverborn, he placed...2nd in the Gencon Masters, I believe? So he's much better at playing the game than most of my players (including me by far!). I'm just glad that he decided that he wasn't having fun curb-stomping people and decided to self-adjust his lists to make games more fun for himself and his opponents, it's helped a lot with keeping the players we have.

Ah, there's much to be said for how rubbish games are when someone just takes a competitive crew and whups you out the door and down the street. Certainly against beginners like me!

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

All credit to that guy for having the on/off switch for his competitiveness figured out!

Yeah, I felt bad against my Viks player, he's pretty new to the game...I was playing Yan Lo for the first time, and Izamu was just devastating to him. Guess I've hit the point where I know the game well enough to be able to do something with a crew I've never played before...

Which, honestly, is why I started to do some wacky things to make the game more interesting.

Wacky is always entertaining! I think I've played three or four games where I thought I had a chance of winning. Luckily two of those were my first ever games and the guy teaching me was laid back and fun about it. Then taking lady J against Von Schill here, and then last game against shine with Kirai!

Not all the rest were bad games, but some definitely were. Shine on the other hand reins in his power gamer side for me so I can have fun while getting beat! Lol

Wow! :D

I am still pretty nooby myself. I would probably even get hammered by your Molly crew. ._.

But it is always good to know when to tone it down. Luckily for me I am not such a grand player that I scare off other players. I do tend to get some groans when I decide what to play with when it comes to recruiting. I do have over 150 SS in models to use, whereas most of my fellow gamers only have a starter kit + 1-5 other models.

Though that has proven to other players that being flexible in that case can help you win a game. I have a kind of a reckless play style focused mostly and entirely on achieving my strategies and schemes. Other payers tend to go for complete annihilation of my crew instead of focusing on their real goals. Players in my store now tend to buy more stuff to be more flexible.