Off Topic Playground

Ah, gotcha. Well...I really want to paint this model, lol. So I'll find the base with the smallest gap from the super glue ones and glue my Wastrel on there, do my hour long paint, and I'll mess around with making my own bases properly later... (sigh) Love painting, hate doing the bases, lol.

I've never been good at it, especially with bases that have gaps. Ones that are flat (like what GW switched to) I love because they work extremely simply- layer of super glue, dip, and done. Ones with a gap, the superglue doesn't hold tension across it...ah well.

Yeah, I usually fill the gaps o a big pile of bases with green stuff or something, then when I want to actually make them I have loads without gaps in

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Although for some of my more adventurous bases, the slot gets used so I can build into the base itself. My harpy will hopefully be on a wooden bridge type thing, which I'll push into the base slot so it's more stable,

Heh, you're not the only one to ask that! It's probably going to end up as a small run of them, since it's a pretty generic harpy really. Might make a second one too, in a different pose. Possibly a third one as well, so I have a little cluster of them. I like the old school mythology stuff, it's quite fun to sculpt.

Ha! Done. Need to figure out a more efficient way to paint skin...but the rest of the guy I'm pretty happy with.

---------- Post added 01-13-2013 at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-12-2013 at 11:04 PM ----------

So, I've finally decided what's in the vault in Lost Ways...should be interesting to see people's reactions to it. And to the fact that I have the urge to pull out a piece of sketch paper and a pencil. O.o

Lol, I want to see this, it should be amusing!

Yeah, the whole drinking for hours on end and getting home at half 3, then being awake (reluctantly) at 8 has worn me out. I'm gonna relax and probably wander in and out of here while I sort myself it, then try ad get a nice long six hours sleep!

But that means we get to play guess the doodle. Which is always a laugh!

Hopefully I'll sleep so I can get these wings sorted out easily tomorrow, got the basiC shapes done but have to put the surface layer on it very carefully so I don't break the thin sheet. Still, at least the cast version will have wings and body as one piece so they won't fall off!