Off Topic Playground

Once you figure out vassel let me know :) looking at running a league when club is back in session, and got a tournament in Feb.....

Good luck with the application Bleach

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Not managed to look over killzone much, still dealing with tidy up from 'The Event'

Malifaux I am in the top tier level, and then there is the kingdom death where I am a Herald of Death.....

How high did you go on the kickstarter? I went for the more RPG oriented step. Living Room or whatever it is called? With the extra books and what not. lol

I got in at the 225. I love hardcover books, but I also wanted the models. And the doll is just awesome. Plus, y'know, possible Santana, lol. Looking forward to getting even a beta of the rules to read over...I want to do a skype group for the OTT a lot, it seems like it'd be a blast, and I've got a group of four players interested here at home.

As said I am still at the 125$ option. I am tempted to go for the 225$ one, but I am not sure the models are really worth it. The Doll is useless to me, since I do not really want other dollies than ones I can paint. lol

Then basically there would be the additional three, four if you count Santana, models you get. Just not worth 100$ output for me, since I cannot really use any of them. I am sure the RPG models will be available for purchase as well. SO I can always pick up some there to fill in the RPG mini model needs.

Still haven't been able to persuade my RPG group to back the project, since it is in development. I will, however, surely get a group to play live here in Berlin as well. :D

This is true. But I could also just spend the 18$ for one of the sets belated. Effectively I would be spending let us say 60$ for two models I do not really need, meaning Santana and Hannah. I would go all out 225 if I would get a hanging tree kit with it. I wouldn't even think twice. I wouldn't even think! D:<

But alas, 250k$ goal, never to be reached.

Plot wise, either I will build off of the mini adventure they have to offer as an introduction and then continue from there, or toss in the players as Malifaux newbies, freshly through the breach. Maybe as prisoners who decided to work for their 'freedom'. Could use a potential master as a recruitée for the beginning and then toss in some intrigues and plots to make the players choose towards a certain faction, even if they go for Outcasts themselves.

I was thinking of putting the group in a back and forth relationship between the MS&U and the Guild. Both sides opting to prefer to gain their allegiance over the other to help tilt the balance in their favor. Which will eventually lead to the players being so damned ****ed that they either choose for one of the factions or go an entirely different way.

Yeah. The game has a lot of potential with what you can do. You can have the Guild using the models to identify crimes and solve them or have them go and help some miner town in the boonies in the name of the Union. Heck I would even have them gather corpses for some necromatic Master, if they are up for it. The world of Malifaux = great for RP.

Well, you could join in the Skype game I'll be running. We've got people from all over the world already, one more won't break anything!

Myself, I highly doubt I'll ever be an actual player. The only other GM I know doesn't have any real interest in the game, although he's willing to sit down and check it out, so it might happen. For me, I like being a GM just because I can often take character concepts and make them into NPCs, which works for me.

I am new to DMing. Been a player mostly and just started to continue one of our D&D 4E groups as the DM. Aint easy, especially since I have so many experienced players. They always have some whacky nut job things to throw at me when I least expect it. xD

I got to get used to being flexible as a DM, which will surely come in time.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

How would such a Skype game work? O_o