Off Topic Playground

Hello my Hobby-fuelled friends!

Well, I seem to be swamped in projects at the moment...I have come to the theory that I am going to build everything I want/need to before I even consider picking up a paintbrush. That way when i eventually get the time to do some painting I have the pick of minis to choose from and can alternate, so i dont get bored of just space marines etc..

So on the construction timetable for the next couple of months:

Raven Guard/White Scars marine army...just need to build a couple of attack bikes and a Stormtalon.

Lady Justice : Build 2 exorcists, the alt , the avatar and scales of justice.

Lilith: Build alt, avatar and the waldgeist

Lucas McCabe: just waiting to receive this crew, then to build them!

Warriors of Chaos: Build a few skullcrushers

The Hobbit: got the ltd ed box to build, plus scenery

Grey knights: A part project with my brother so probably won't have much to build, lots of Purifiers probably!

And thats my next few months lol!

No progress from before. Piers and counters (effigies and soul stone bags) are done. Swamp tiles (hexes) and edges are half done. In other words they're brown but I want to add some green wash to places, scatter on some flock etc. And the tree is still in the early stages.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Morning Abs. Still avoiding the painting.

Not quite yet. Just finished reading through the rules tonight, quite excited to try playing it. I don't have anything yet to start working with, although I have some Praetorians and Ravens coming.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

And because those are just names...Praetorians are special forces infantry, while Ravens are light dropships. I got them cause I love the idea of infantry doing rope drops on top of roofs from airships, lol. Just something cinematically awesome about it.

I just finished Furious, the next of the Kris Longknife books. They continue to be quite entertaining, that's for sure! I'm not sure if I've got anything else on my reading list, but I'm still working my way through the Babylon 5 show.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

what'd you think of Kitten's relatives?

I need to get more of the Longknife ones as I enjoyed book 1. I also need the next of the Galaxy Unknown ones as book 1 of that was good too. Nice fun books to read in between the the huge epic novels.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

what'd you think of Kitten's relatives?

The dragons were great characters. In fact, most of the immortals were.