Off Topic Playground

Last year at the event in london I had a nice conversation with a guy that gave me and a friend sculpting advice. Really nice guy, looked a bit like a hobo but smart and knew his stuff. Kind of embarrassing that I didn't realise til he gave us his card that it was Edgar Skomorowski, who does stuff for warhammer forge and all sorts!

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Yah, I made it to finalist at golden demon twice in one year, and six of my friends got trophies...

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

It's one of those 'woohoo! Wait, you did how well? Awwwww, now I feel pants again' moments

Lol, yeah. I don't know what half mine look like at all!

Right, I think I shall stop painting. The ivory on the girls dress is now done. Working out the order to paint and assemble this thing is painful!

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

I did Delphan Gruss and the green knight. Probably got photos somewhere lol

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Here you go, the results of many years of sweat and toil at the end of a brush. I'll just put links in or it'll clog up the thread with non Wyrd stuff lol

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/Mako413/Misc%20WIPs/ff553828ad81693a6300473ebac09229_zps29463917.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/Mako413/Misc%20WIPs/f6822085ba55f1528fa29436ac758385_zps6e71cd50.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/Mako413/Misc%20WIPs/d310b8c5d4a5ebe2d6730a5eadf6134a_zpsa5d174c6.jpg

Heh, I near went mental doing the lettering on Gruss. He might be 54mm, but that was eye watering and took almost two weeks of several hours a day and all day on weekends!

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

It's long practice man, I started off really bad when I was younger, and slowly and painfully learned the tricks. Delphan was roughly four months of work to paint and convert, while the green knight was done for a local comp in three weeks and I just got lucky with how he turned out!

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Hence me not spending half a year painting one model these days. It doesn't seem to do much to the level of my painting! Heh

Sounds like a good new year plan, that. New ideas are something a little trickier to plan though! Could try luring Elle out and seeing what happens lol

I'm hoping I can find a few new tricks soon, although I think I'm at a stage where I just need to practice what I know for a bit.

She's much more of a writing muse, honestly. I've known that much for a while, lol. Painting's never been the passion for me, like it is for you and Sophie, but writing's always fascinated me. Reminds me, I have a couple scenes I wanted to work on...let's see if Elle will work on one of those!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

And I think she's found a challenge I might have to try with my novel... fit in a true old fashioned conman into the story, and have it work, in spite of being a military novel. I think it might be possible with Victor's storyline and where that's going.

Heh, my story isn't exactly a cheery one in a lot of ways. The planned ending especially not! My artist friends likes it that way though, she says it's different.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Monkey! How's it going?