Off Topic Playground

I think the uni shuts at lynchtime on the 24th and then it's one of two things. Either it's shut til the 2nd, or it's only closed 25,26 and 1. In England it's shut from the 23rd to the 3rd usually, but I have no idea about over here!

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Ooh, typo. Lynchtime. When you can gamble and have a snack too...

Honestly, even just a couple of days would be nice. It means shutting down any work going on (oh, I wish there was some to shut down) before the break, and taking time to set it all again afterward. We worked out in my last lab doing viral research, it took at least a week to shut down fully and two or more to get going again. A week off took out the whole month!

I'm on a one year contract renewal. In April, I have to submit a report to get the funding continued into the second year. But even more fun, I have to try and get a new contract out of the university by the end of feb so I can renew my work permit. And they won't like doing that without progress and renewed funding...

Well, if I can't get this contract renewed in time, I'd have to leave the country while they redid my permit, and it would cost me a fortune. So if that all goes pear shaped and I have to return home, I won't be able to afford to come back!

And my work permit only covers me to work for the Uni, so if I got a different job I'd have to replace it before I could start work.

It's a total and utter fiasco in many ways!

Well, unfortunately I'm not sure about being able to make it out to NJ in May anymore... started doing the math, and not liking it, lol. But still, I'm thinking a 'cross borders' tournament should still happen. Or if the Through the Breach beta happens, you and Shine come down and we do a weekend campaign with locals or something.