Off Topic Playground

Today has just been a day to relax, honestly. Board game night in an hour, looking forward to that, should be fun. Haven't had one in a long time. Trying to figure out how my character would go about doing a particular task for next week...

How about you, Monkey?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

This renaissance one looks quite good fun actually. Black powder, alchemy, shenanigans...

...O.O That sounds awesome.

Ah, relaxing. Me too. *looks at wall covered in novel post its* AAAARRRRgggggh. Well, that's tonight's entertainment sorted...

Board game night? Sounds like a laugh.

Yeah, I just downloaded the rule book, skimming through it seems like good fun. The kind of thing I'd enjoy playing or running.

You guys want to play it, I'll run it! And I promise to make the plotline a bit less convoluted than my novel *grin*

Oh, and to give you pretty much free rein. I'll just make a world and you guys can wreck whichever bits you wander into!

Word count? A tiny smidge shy of 40,000 words, with a week to go

Well, violence won't be the best solution to every problem. Granted, it will probably solve a lot of them, but you might regret some deaths later! Not that I won't let you kill people that you needed alive, but you'l have to find a way round it later on... *wink*

I'll start messing with concepts but will be focussed on NaNo for the next week. Don't want to miss the goal! So close....

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Planning is good Ed, it means you'll have a coherent story rather than the chaos that fills the pages I've done! I just can't stand missing targets, so when I said I would do 50k, I was going to do it even if Sophie fled!

Heh, I loved the massive range of options. And this is just the standard book, the deluxe one you can buy has more I think!

I may well lean it heavily towards the alchemy rather than pure magic, so that we don't have the old 'magic solves everything' problem. But then if someone really wants a magic user, I can't restrict it! Witch hunter would be hilarious though