Off Topic Playground

at least it means the paycheck should be better this month. which means,.. more figs *grin*

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

which then raises the question of how much money i've sunken into my miniatures hobby over the course of my life. it's probably more then i really want to know. even for most mini gamers,.. i'm usually considered to have a lot. and all of it painted,.. which is the most unusual part.

This is my "replacement addiction". I got into the hobby many years as a means to give myself something to do,.. other then go out and get high again. It was an essential tool for me to get sober. And to be honest, I'm still using it that way. If I didn't have this outlet, I'd probably go right back to the drugs again. That's why my wife doesn't even bat an eyelash when I buy a new fig,.. because she knows it's doing some good for me.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

seems to be a quiet night around here though

This is my "replacement addiction". I got into the hobby many years as a means to give myself something to do,.. other then go out and get high again. It was an essential tool for me to get sober. And to be honest, I'm still using it that way. If I didn't have this outlet, I'd probably go right back to the drugs again. That's why my wife doesn't even bat an eyelash when I buy a new fig,.. because she knows it's doing some good for me.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

seems to be a quiet night around here though

Good on you sir! Kudos for picking up a skill and kicking a habit! I've been doing this since high school as an outlet myself. Painting a tiny figure with very fine detail is therapeutic to me and helps me chill. If I didn't do this, I'd probably rage-aholic still.

is ok edonil,.. take your time and fix what you gotta

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

believe me when i tell you that the first few months of drying out,.. were "less then pleasent". I really needed the distraction.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

eventually was even able to kick my cigarette habit,.. so that's a bonus

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

It's good to use it as a mean to keep your rage in check. I approve. here's lots of worse things you could be doing with that energy

Eh, you're well known enough. *wink* You've just been less active lately. Honestly, the only reason the thread is really active is because of us newer folks, along with Chocobo. Most of us haven't been here a year at this point, but we keep the puppets entertained. Especially Mako and the gutter chair.

still gotta work on my own sculpt. any thoughts on what I should attempt to make? I have the basic form down,.. just need to decide on a final result

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

one of these days,.. i gotta go stop by the wyrd HQ over there in placerville. it's only about an hour or so from me