Off Topic Playground

Oh, I reckon I can just about get my head into place to start hammering words down Thursday morning at work. I want to get some of the next scene down first, so I can establish a bit more of the situation

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

You itching to get started?

Oh yes! Nano is just something special. Here's hoping I can get involved with the community this year...

At the moment, I'm messing around with a program called Scrivener to see if it'll help me keep track of everything. It was that or work on the pseudo-romance scene, and I'm just not sure what to do with it at the moment. Elle just seems to be staring at it curiously waiting for me to come up with the details this time.

Heh, romance isn't really Elle's strong point I guess, the bloodthirsty girl that she is! I've heard someone mention scrivener, but I know nothing about it. What's it like?

Monkey, join us on the NaNo side, not only do we have cookies but copious anounts of coffee!

I'm not really sure what Scrivener's like, honestly. Got distracted looking up character tropes. And, honestly, Elle is much better at romance than she used to be. At least this time around the characters have actual chemistry! (I think. >.> Arias and Kiiva seem to have some, at least...right?).

Messing around with the program a little, it lets you organize things into Chapters and Scenes, along with storing notes on setting and characters. Plus, lots of customization with adding folders and such. Impressive so far.

And I had never thought of it as a Quill a day...I've been more thinking in terms of it's about two scenes a day.