Off Topic Playground

Heh, rosin, nail polish, sounds like a party combo there!

Yeah, I just glued it back on and redid the join, when I bake it hopefully it'll settle smooth again. Usually works, I've broken a fair few gremlin ears in this project! Have also started work on the bottle for him to hold

The chemical I want to run voltage through to make it stick to the surface. Turns out its irritant, corrosive, and toxic to me and fish *devil*

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Now all I need is the machine to shove the volts through, and the electrodes to measure it! I know who has them, but tracking them down and getting it off them is tricky

Sadly, after combining toxic chemicals and electricity, it all gets a bit tame. I have to do lots of tests to see if the process worked the way I wanted it to, and none of that is very dangerous.

Still, if I feel the need for a bang, I can always make one with stuff from off the shelves *grin*

If I can make it work, I'll be applying for funding non stop til I get enough time and money to get it to the point of actual testable black box of sciencey magic! Although that's a good few years away, I have my whole career to fiddle with it if they pay me!

So long as we don't end up with the plot line from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, it will be fine. Trouble is, it's the same goal and people do tend to be a bit daft with shiny new science...

How's the fumes and work going?

Thewarstore? The US based place? It seems to be a big and common one, so I'd guess possibly yes. I'm trying not to buy anything until I go to England in April, Mike and Ali McVey always have their new model if I can reach them quick enough at the show.