Off Topic Playground

Pretty good, actually. Discovered music from the LOTR on Stage musical. Surprisingly fun stuff, just what I need at the moment, lol. Car's all nice and shiny now. Really liking the change to the plot, the new character is fitting in nicely, and shifting Faulkner off from being 'heroic' is starting to give him a little more definition.

Get any painting done yesterday? Or was last night archery?

Evening Ed. I think I blew a brain fuse earlier today reading research papers for a review I'm trying to plan and write. But on the other hand, I have a beer, leftover pizza and sculpting, so I can't complain about things!

How's life your side of the border?

Pretty good...got to try out Elle's new plan for writing, seems to be working better. Hopping in the shower after getting food going, so I'll be back in a bit.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Is the paper for that artificial nerve bit?

Yeah, I'm going to write up a review of the field while I try to source the kit I need to do some work. The labs up here share kit about as willingly as a starving bear shares salmon...

That's good about the writing, you and Elle playing nice together has got to help things!

Hmmm, how to position the judge's pistol....

It'll make it hilarious when there's no way to match the themes into the plan as well!

I did think about that, but I cant actually keep the rope the way it is and manage to get it to hang naturally and be aiming at his foot. It's taken me a while to work out how a pistol hangs if you dangle it from a string tied to the trigger guard (strangely enough, not many people do something so daft and put pictures online it seems!), but I reckon it's about right. Need to actually sculpt it now, since at the moment it's a bent wire.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Also, I love your little top hat Chocobo!

Always good to catch up with people.

Yeah, I've sculpted it hanging by his head, got to do the rope next and repair the ear I just broke :(

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Now all I have to do is decide how wrecked the sword should be!

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

In fact, I'm almost tempted to do something random like a meat cleaver

Just a revolver, didn't want to mess about too much so I gave him the same as the marshals.

Have thought of maybe having the head of misaki's spear with a bit of broken off haft as his sword, as if he stole one that she broke. Plus the metal rings are useful for the rope tied to it. Problem is, it's not really a death marshal weapon. Does scavenging a broken bisento fit?

hm. Well, if you're looking for a broken weapon, why not just a jagged broken bottle?

I think a scavenged bisento would fit if you had them themed around Ten Thunders, but otherwise I would think that it might be better to go with something more European. Just not sure what...although a meat cleaver could work. How about a broken Halberd?

Yeah, I wasn't entirely convinced by the bisento thing. You're right, it goes from wild west to eastern in one item. What weapons do the guild carry in terms of swords? Mostly rapier style isn't it?

A bottle could work, although with GJ having that dementedly oversized katana because lady J has one, I think staying close to the judges blade will be best. What if I used a rapier that had the tip snapped off, giving it the same shape as the judges sword but as a piece of broken stolen trash?

You know what, bottle seems to be a popular option and I think I can make it work out quite well for what I need. Broken bottle it is!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Ahh, I love indecisiveness. Allows me to swerve from my previous opinion into other people's neatly and with minimum fuss!