Off Topic Playground

Planning to get work done eh? Looks like its about time for HOME INVASION

with pizza

That'll be before the writing starts, NaNo is november's task! Ooo, and I've just got an email from my phd supervisor in England (I don't think he ever sleeps...) and the answer is 'there's no reason it wouldn't work, so just give it a shot and see'. Which is what a scientist always wants to hear! Time to start doing secret side experiments when I get bored at work...

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Ed, that sounds like a sensible plan. And I'll definitely go onto the list if and when you sort one!

Well, nothing quite so exciting as that. I'm going to be trying to chemically alter a surface so it does what I want it to do. Just requires some rather finesse chemistry and a bit of voltage. If it works, I can then actually do something with the surface, and we're on the way to artificial nerves...

Long way away though!

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Although that's just my own personal science crusade, it's not what I'm paid for. So I only get to play with that when I haven't got anything to do in my actual work!

I'm trying to be a smartarse and stick two molecular glues to the surface at the same time, and be able to use them separately. If I actually tried to explain it in more detail, everyone would realise that mostly it's just poke buttons and the black box does science magic for me, and I haven't a clue how or why!

I might go through a middle stage, with a small not very dangerous robot linked to someone else. Don't want to take any foolish chances with my own nerves!

You know what, I don't actually think I can be bothered to edit my quill entry any more. I've had a play with it, and I think it's time I posted it up. I could do with another 1500 words to fill out the story a bit and put some of the gore back in, but hopefully it kept its flinch factor even though I had to remove all the gruesome details.