Off Topic Playground

Hey, I only went round a roundabout the wrong way once. And that was after coming back from New York, and being sleep deprived. My mate decided to point it out just as we got off the roundabout helpfully. Still, 2am on a wide and empty road, nothing actually went wrong!

A couple of years ago I had to go to Italy for work and had to hire a car ... driving on other side of road, somewhere that you arent familiar with and you dont speak a word of the language, is definately fun times, all my driving was done during peaks times as well, I only went on the wrong side of the road twice though and only on my first day. It did take me 2.5 hours to get where I was going though and it was only supposed to be a 25-30min drive away.

Cheers Ed, I missed that milestone!

Changing countries and road sides does get really confusing, especially at big complicated junctions, it's all too easy to pick the wrong route between all the little islands!

Blasted Judge, this rope is taking ages because my hand is all spasmy

I don't really know, I think I must have a nerve trapped in my elbow. Every so often when I move it, I get massive pins and needles from elbow to fingertip, and my hand wrenches open. I'm just glad it was my water and not my cup of tea I was holding when it happened this morning!

Ah, the old balancing act? Rather you than me, I struggle to get one bit of writing done!

I've got the same plan on the wall, just a few more bits in my head that I've not written down yet. Need to sort out my account and get myself ready for it, it starts in a week or so doesn't it. Still, I think I'm more settled to it now. The plan seems more logical

I'm still plugging away at it, if that's what you mean. I don't think I'll be doing much messing around with trying to connect Carver into the novel, but I did figure out what I want to do about linking the two stories. Ah, multi-generational family oaths, lol. Incidentally, the idea helped solve another problem.

I think I'm going to stop updating here, though. Which makes me sad, but if I'm serious about getting this published, I need to stop putting it online. I think I'm going to see about doing something like a mailing list for the readers who are here...that way, I have more control over it.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Hmmm...pizza.