Off Topic Playground

Me? No one lol, I'm hoping to borrow snord's lady j crew again! The only one on a base out of mine is the lady herself. And she can't go out alone...

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Tho I will take my case along, just for the heck of it and the cards and decks.

Yup, and simple enough for me to be able to use them, which is handy. Kirai is a pain to learn with.

Although I can hear Sophie's disgusted voice that I'd choose to do something other than spend the evening listening to her whisper into my brain...

Yup. That and my ability to draw no masks for the first three turns does make her a bit tricky. Strange really, because usually I'm almost ridiculously lucky!

Sophie can be immensely jealous at times. Not always, we could never hope for her to be predictable could we, but some days ignoring her gives me a massive headache... Lucky for me she can't actually sulk for long, or actually give me a slap!

Christmas shopping, my personal nightmare come true...

Still, usually my sister emails me a list of what I should try to get everyone, and being over here may get me a bit of leeway in that. I hope!

How goes the evening?

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Ugh. Dear Sophie,

Please stop. There's a limited capacity to my brain and you've overshot it by at least a mile. You know I adore you, but you do hurt my head.

Thanks darling.

Wanting to try doesn't make it any less of a bad idea...

I'd advise not. I'd definitely say finish the three gremlin models, and finish your Huggy Bear tutorial, but I wouldn't start any projects you haven't already done. Now, not saying don't sculpt between now and December...just don't let Sophie switch you so far off the writing that you end up quitting Nano after a week!

Yeah, and we were worried she'd want to start early!

I need to pick up some post it's, then she can play with them instead. Also, nearly finished the upgraded, improved, pc format NaNo monitoring sheet. Now it calculates how much you need to do each day based on how many days you have left. And only shows you the current and previous days requirements, so you don't see a string of numbers or zeroes for your future progress!

In the meantime, you could try what I do. I tend to plan out in Notepad, I open a document and I just type notes. I'm thinking about grabbing some post it notes to transfer them to a whiteboard/corkboard/wall, but for now I just write notes. Some long, some short, just jotting things done as I need to go.

As an example, for the scene where I introduce Alexis Stormhand, I wrote this down a few days beforehand:

Arias wakes up from a short nap, woken by flag lieutenant brayden. Meets with Alexis Stormhand, brief commentary on mages within assar

Granted, I didn't follow it, but it gave a jumping point. Honestly, if I had one thing I want to work on, it's the ability to do those kinds of notes more on demand...it really does help to keep track of what I'm doing

Lighting Director for TV (as opposed to film). The saying in our industry is Hurry Up and Wait. As often we don't control when we can do our work, so riight now for example they are checking feeds, which has nothing to do with me but they can't release me to go home till its finished. SO I sit here reading the internet.

Earlier I was busy colour matching 3 cameras going through different lighting conditions, then they were balanced and I did Christmas shopping inbetween periods where the conditions didnt change.

...to make a short story long