Off Topic Playground

Illuminated>Weaver>Some Belles>Infinity Shift

thats my painting order. I'll sneak in some eye touch-ups to my current line of models in there too, wanna outline the eye-glow... even though every eye touch up ive ever tried has made things worse, haha

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

welp, spent 20 bucks getting supplies to make stuffing tomorrow. I apparently needed the good apple cider and ultra tasty sausages.

...also candy for myself >_>

Hopefully not candy to go in the turkey...

Yeah, he's made a little progress, tomorrow hopefully I'll get the next stage done, the problem with painting for step by step guides is that I have to do it in good light and all in one go. I would paint more now, but can't take the photos so can't do anything!

My sorbet is still liquid, so I guess I'm not going to bed yet, might get Lucius out and work on him. Bungle has sleeves, and zippy's troffin is curing, so they're stalled.

Why has it been crazy?

Oh, just busy. And coming down with a cold, that hasn't helped. :P Working on some school assignment stuff right now to get it done and out of the way, then I think I'm going to write. Probably going to work on a scene with Faulkner, to tie into the topic brought up at the end of the last scene.

Gotten anywhere with writing for the Quill?

And how's Lucius coming along?

Dont forget progress will be stalled tomorrow by me being all up in your grill!

Also chocojubes for my face

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Stay away from me cold-haver!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Stay away from me cold-haver!

If they've worked out a way to load the puppets without getting bitten, scratched, and generally savaged by the little critters, then it might work. Otherwise, you'll just lose a finger trying to corral the ammo into the blasted thing!

Ahh, quill entry is still in its formative stages, Sophie is playing with it and so far she hasn't said anything very coherent. I still shudder over what she did say. And I'll never let anyone touch my face again!

Lucius will get his left leg finished tonight I think, just the hip area to go (Yes! I avoided saying I would be poking his crotch! Oh damn, I said it anyway, didn't I). Then it's onto the second leg.

A cold? Eww, that's no fun. Good for being plaguey at people, but not good for the concentration. And a new scene with Faulkner would be good, I do like hearing about his exploits.

I think once classes are done this week I'll take the next two weeks of writing time and work on Carver of Flesh...assuming Elle is interested in doing so, which is never a sure thing. After that's done, I can get people's opinions on incorporating it in directly or indirectly into the novel itself.

See, the trick to loading puppets is to freeze them...and not use puppets of Rasputina's minions because of that, lol.

Glad to hear you're almost done with that leg! Looking forward to seeing the next update. :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Plague is a clearly defined trade mark of the HamelinPuppet Corp, any attempt by any other puppet group including but not limited to "Rotten Belles" will be met with swift legal action

And rats

Fine, I'll find a puppet rat. *grin*

Hey, Dust! Long time no see, been a while since we were both online at the same time. How are you?

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Evening all, up to the usual antics I see....

Not quite yet...

(watches the puppets load the cannon with a puppet Chocobo and fire it at Monkey)

There we go. Heads up!

I reckon you could have the carver tale as the bards, and leave yourself open to writing more "bard's tales" later as separate things. Then you get the best of both worlds!

Yeah, Lucius just got his upper thigh bulked, so the next step is to work from the other boot upward, then I can finish the trouser top, hips and, er, more private regions once both legs are in place. No point working on the final shape of the groin while one leg is the wrong shape!

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Right, I'm getting my tin hat on.

Wait, why does it have holes in? Who swapped it for a colander?

It's probably safer to just carry a tennis racket and hope you can bat them away before they land and can start biting, clawing and everything else the vicious things do!

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Although I still hold out hope that one day they will accept me as one of their own, from my chair in the gutter. It's a comfy chair, I must say!

Mighty Armies is excellent. It takes the basic idea behind Hordes of the Things, gets rid of all of the annoying crap and horribly obtuse writing...

...seriously, I gotta pause to mention the way HotT is written. My writing style is often off-kilter but I am Stephen King compared to the main writer of HotT. The authors have the nerve to insult fantasy games with their own fluff and (indirectly) their fans because they aren't based on the classics. Pretentious and completely unnecessary. Tell me the tone of this book doesn't make you wanna backhand someone. I have a respect for the game itself since it's based on the venerable De Bellis Antiquitatis series of games, but I don't appreciate being considered a gaming plebe because I dare to like original fluff.

So back to the point. Mighty Armies dispenses with all the unneeded crap and rolls the rules up into something much faster and more sensible for a good game, even if it's a bit more abstract. We played 4 games in about an hour and a half, and that includes taking longer with our very first one.

Think I might try to con my 28mm friends into trying it- per a veteran player of 15 and 28mm, all I have to do is double all distances and run units in 40x80 and 80x80mm blocks. Excellent...

Natural reaction I am afraid .... looked like a rugby ball....

Oh, fair enough that. Wonder what the next round will be. (watches the puppets standing around a recently made stage next to the cannon) What the-? Are they auctioning off the next shot? Uh oh. Seems like the Slate Ridge Mauler puppet is leading...

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Mighty Armies is excellent. It takes the basic idea behind Hordes of the Things, gets rid of all of the annoying crap and horribly obtuse writing...

...seriously, I gotta pause to mention the way HotT is written. My writing style is often off-kilter but I am Stephen King compared to the main writer of HotT. The authors have the nerve to insult fantasy games with their own fluff and (indirectly) their fans because they aren't based on the classics. Pretentious and completely unnecessary. Tell me the tone of this book doesn't make you wanna backhand someone. I have a respect for the game itself since it's based on the venerable De Bellis Antiquitatis series of games, but I don't appreciate being considered a gaming plebe because I dare to like original fluff.

So back to the point. Mighty Armies dispenses with all the unneeded crap and rolls the rules up into something much faster and more sensible for a good game, even if it's a bit more abstract. We played 4 games in about an hour and a half, and that includes taking longer with our very first one.

Think I might try to con my 28mm friends into trying it- per a veteran player of 15 and 28mm, all I have to do is double all distances and run units in 40x80 and 80x80mm blocks. Excellent...

Can't access that file, kinda curious now...

Fantasy game? Still block regiments?

What good is a tin hat going to do you against puppet artillery?

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Uhh... (stares down at chair in the gutter) Hey Mako. Is that a puppet of you in the chair?

Well, it always interests the puppets when I kit up for heavy combat. Usually means they get a good riot.

*peers at chair*

Is a worryingly creepy likeness isn't it. So long as they don't try to put my brain in it I think we'll be ok. God help us all if they only get Sophie in there!

*bats away puppet with some coils of wire climbing on his shoulder*

Oh dear, that would be worrisome. Last we need is your muse giving them advice on larger scale puppets.

Uh oh. Looks like the Mauler won the auction after all, and he's getting in the cannon now. Everyone take cover! (puppet Slate Ridge Mauler flies through the air)

Mako takes the plate, winds up and... Stuff this, he looks furious!

*dives for cover behind the sofa*

Hmmm, maybe I could try to bring giant Lucius to life to keep control of them all. I mean, there's nothing in literature that would indicate creating something and bringing it to life can backfire, right?