Off Topic Playground

Being busy's not always bad, right? Helped my lady friend move a bit and I haven't been doing much gaming wise other than Song of Blades and Heroes and playtesting a bit. SBH is easy enough that I can actually finish a game in an hour or two- it's as if it was designed to minimize analysis paralysis.

I hope to have my 15mm based by Saturday so I can persuade the Hordes of the Things players to abandon their crusty old system for the shiny, streamlined new of Mighty Armies. Unpainted, but at least I can use 'em.

Been missing Malifaux the past few days- hopefully I can get a game in tonight. Probably going to try the Rail Crew.

Bleah, gaming burnout. Other than stuff like Red Dragon Inn, Quarriors, and other silly games that it's easy to get casual players into, I'm kinda worn out on minigaming. Lately I just wanna download more add-ons for Skyrim and quest my brains out, taking breaks every so often to play the playtest game because it scratches a very different itch.

Afternoon Ed (or morning for me) I am oh so very slightly frustrated.

The logo I was doing for my Sister in Laws business now all has to be redone from scratch after my wife has laid everything out for letterheads, business cards ... the lot. Someone decided that she doesnt like it now and is looking at something completely different, whats worse is that she is saying all this through my wifes brother and is scared of talking to my wife and i about it directly. She picked final colours with us on Sunday and now 3 days later decided she doesnt like it at all.... arggh!

Sorryy guys just had to vent

Afternoon Ed (or morning for me) I am oh so very slightly frustrated.

The logo I was doing for my Sister in Laws business now all has to be redone from scratch after my wife has laid everything out for letterheads, business cards ... the lot. Someone decided that she doesnt like it now and is looking at something completely different, whats worse is that she is saying all this through my wifes brother and is scared of talking to my wife and i about it directly. She picked final colours with us on Sunday and now 3 days later decided she doesnt like it at all.... arggh!

Sorryy guys just had to vent

I know how you feel man.

Good to hear about the unpacking Mako. I should get a little bit of time to paint this weekend. Next week is almost all gaming so not mush time for painting. Peacekeeper is so very almost done then I have Wardens

I am holding off on the assembly of my archers and Yamizako until my Misaki box arrives, hopefully it wont be too long now.

Oh, she wants to get painting, she's been deprived of it for too long! Just got to finish cleaning up hungering darkness and then most of the dark debts crew is ready for spraying and painting.

I'll get misaki soon, when the order i put in the FLGS appears. would have been quicker to get it elsewhere, but I figure encouraging them to stock stuff by buying it is wise.

Ha! I just got my grade on the paper where I disagreed with the professor, got a 95. Woot!

Bonus! Disagreement wins again!

And not for a while Shiney my lad, I have to actually paint stuff first. And given I want to use Lady J so I can actually work out what the heck the rules are, there's a fair chunk of painting to be done before they're ready...

Edited by Mako

Now I have another paper to work on from an interview. -_- Hating this Intro. to Church Ministry class. The assignments are all really dumb. And beyond that, I want to write, dammit! Debating finishing Carver of Flesh and tossing it into the novel, because that's the story Marcus is telling...but I'm not sure I can get away with that, because the characters aren't going to show up again at any point! Unless I do diary stuff? Hm.

Lady J is a lot of fun. I need to work on mine, I've got a demo day coming up at a con end of the month and Lady J and Rasputina are my demo crews...but Lady J's crew is pretty messed up at the moment. :/ Might have to order a new box set, I'm not sure I can repair them in the amount of time I've got, the bases really got screwed up and they got stuck to the models and messed them up, lol.

Eww, sounds like a grade A mess you got there! Dumb assignments, I remember those. Are these the type that leave you wondering why the heck anyone would set it in the first place?

Finishing Carver would be good, I was enjoying it. But I see what you mean, it could look very odd. Unless you have the bard comment that there are other tales but don't give him a chance to tell them?

I just got all my paints out, then looked at them and thought 'I'm way too tired for this right now' and put them away again. Might try to get the second and third depleted prepped tomorrow night and spray them up either saturday morning or late friday. Then over the weekend I can get moving on them, unless something else catches my attention. Or Sophie's, since she calls the shots really! Quite want to finish off a few part painted ones, especially my Jaakuna Ubume sculpt that's been cast and basecoated.

Ahh, choices choices. I say flip a coin, let randomness decide!

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

At the moment, knowing Sophie's current mood, she'll chatter incomprehensibly about it, then at some point veer wildly off topic and then get bored and go play with the squirrels...

You still staying out of the fray? I guess Elle has a lot to play with on the long stuff, so I wouldn't blame you!

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Ugh, even I flinched at the idea in my head. I think she's developed a whole new personality disorder!

Hey Monkey, think you're going to give the Quill a shot this time around?

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Let's just say her definition of a fun and interesting way to have someone die is rather unpleasant and a bit messy.

o.O ...uh huh.

And apparently Elle wants details. That's not a good sign. O.o