Off Topic Playground

Heh, that's true! I went with the hammer as well, although I do somewhat wish I had gone with the shovel...

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Hey, question for you, Steam. Mainly because it doesn't make a strong difference to me either way, should I continue the scene I just put it up with the next one in that particular plotline, or switch over to Soli?

It's always weird writing this stuff because I don't drink...so I'm sitting here going 'he should have a drink. But I have no idea what."

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

In other news...archery was last night, right? How'd you do?

My first competition. Not too bad, not the worst. But plenty of room for improvement. Won't be going tonight because of a cold which is a shame. It would be nice to get two nights of shooting each week.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

You don't really need details about the drinks. Just stick to generalisations, beer, wine or spirits.

AAARGH! Stupid blasted shipping company have mistyped the addresses on my customs forms! What kind of inept moron do you have to be to not check something so important!

So now, instead of #159, I live at #1549. Which is a little way past the highest number on the street. And changing it now my parcels are in the customs warehouse costs money and time. They've already had a stroppy email asking how they're going to fix their screwup, and telling them I'm not paying for the charges incurred in fixing it.

But now I want something to vent my fury on...

*goes hunting for a large baseball bat and the puppets*

Nah, I have to go get the clearance forms sorted, then give it to them so they can deliver them. I'd rather not have to cart two 30kg boxes from the airport to my place.

If they really screwed up, customs could have refused to release it as it wasn't going to the right destination. Which would mean delays, it going back to the uncleared side of the warehouse, and fees to change the information. But apparently it won't be a problem, and the shippers have the right address in their system, it's the carrier that filled out the forms that messed up. So it should all be sorted out without any crisis. Maybe.

Workmate should be able to cart me out there tomorrow daytime (office for the shipper is open 11 til 2, just to make it a little more tricky).

And the inevitable carnage will be short range and good old fashioned manual style, I like the sensation of violence in the hands lol. Small wonder I like Isabella so much!