Off Topic Playground

Evenin Ed, work going well?

After the excitement of this afternoon, the shouting and threats of violence and all sorts, the evening has seemed very quiet. Did some laundry and set abut the marsupial legs. Nearly finished them now, although I have realised I have to cut one off for casting...

I took a phone call at work I thought was a wrong number, turns out it was for someone that uses our office (although he's not actually part of our lab, he's been granted a seat in the office for some reason), when one of the others told him, he blamed them and then totally lost it, yelling and swearing and (among other things we were struggling to make out) telling them if they farted in his hearing again he'd kick their ass. And no, I'm not making that last one up. He had lost all grip on reality about ten minutes in and it went on for about an hour and a half...

Basically, the guy is having a massive midlife crisis, with all the usual symptoms as well as some inventive new ones, and snapped. We think he's on his way to having a full breakdown, but that just means he's now totally unpredictable and prone to sudden rages and tantrums. Which ain't good in a room full of sharp stuff and chemicals.

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

So basically, I cocked up and the poor guy that fixed my mistake and helped the madman out was the one that took all the fury.

And when I couldn't calm the situation, The boss got dragged into it. So he wasn't happy. I got questioned as to why this noise and chaos was spilling over into the corridors, embarrassing the group, and into his office, annoying him. All I could say was 'I tried, but he was not at home to reason. And sometimes all you can do in the face of madness is run' - then I realised that's a Pandora quote and felt a bit silly *grin*